Silence speaks the Loudest (Neji One-Shot)

This is dedicated to CharlieCello for asking me to make her a Neji love story :D Also thank you for all the comments,voting, and everything else you do. Thank you soo much, you have no idea how much it means :D

Hope it comes out as good as you hoped!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quietly made my way down the aisle of our classroom and took my usual seat next to my best friend Hinata.

"Hey" I greeted.

"H-hello Yuki." She greeted back.

Hinata and I had been best friends ever since she and her cousin came here. We were both known as the quiet and shy girls, but we knew we had fire in our hearts that we barely showed in public. I sigh as I watched the class get more rowdy, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

"Hey Sasuke!!!" "Hello Sasuke-kun." "You look hot today Sasuke" I listened to the girls swooning over the Uchiha kid. I mean yeah he was hot, but I prefered someone like Neji. I felt my face heat up just thinking about him.

"I don't see why they bother Sasuke like that, clearly he's not interested..." I said to Hinata who nodded her head in agreement. I watched a brown-haired girl twirl around in her seat to face us.

"Excuse me? Sasuke doesn't like them, but he likes me." She said proudly. I let out a giggle by accident and she just glared at me.

"WHAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE WITH SASUKE!?" She yelled while standing up. I don't like to be challenged so I stood up to.

"No, I don't think so and even if I did, I wouldn't care because I'm not interested in him." I said calmly. Just then I noticed the entire class staring at me. I even saw Sasuke staring wide-eyed at me, but then just smirked.

All Sasukes fan girls starting yelling at me at once, I couldn't even understand what they were saying. I felt myself flinch at the loudness of their voices. I didn't like yelling, it brought back unwanted memories. My dad always used to yell at me...

"SHUT UP!"  I yelled at them and immediately they went dead silent. I had never been this way before and honestly, I was a little scares too, but I kinda liked it. They all sat back down and still stared at me. I sat back down as well.

Just then the teacher walked in and got the class started. We quickly got with our teams. I was on Team Guy. We headed outside to start today's training.

"Alright Youthful ones! Today we are going to be sparing!" Guy-Sensai announced and gave a grin and a thumbs-up. I heard Lee start cheering while Neji,Ten-Ten, and I just nodded our heads.

"Okay! Now Ten-Ten and Lee will spar and Yuki and Neji will." He announced.

"Go my youths!" He declared and Neji and I walked to a part of the training ground we could fight.

"H-hello Neji." I tried greeting.

"Hey." Was all he said and looked off into the distance. Good thing though, as I was madly blushing.

We got to our designated spot and started to fight. It started out as throwing kunai and dodging, but it got intense quickly. There was one thing about me, all my shyness went away when I fought. I was like a whole new person.

He quickly ran at me and I knew he was going for my chakra points. I made some hand-signs before he could reach me and made my skin turn hard as metal. He started to attack, but realized my skin was now like stone and his attack was useless. I quickly disappeared and reappeared behind him.

I pushed him to the ground before he had any idea what was happening and I grabbed his hair at the roots, so he wouldn't be able to just cut his hair and get away. I pulled out another kunai and held it to his throat.

"I-I win." I said panting and I could hear him panting too. I released him and sat on the grass. He turned and looked at me.

"You were better than I expected." He stated.

"Thanks?" I said unsure, it kinda sounded like an insult as well as a compliment.

"It's a good thing." He replied and I looked down at the grass blushing.

"You blush a lot, why is that?" He asked. I felt my blush even harder.

"Uh, I uh..--"

"You guys done?" Ten-Ten cut me off as she, Guy, and Lee walked over to us. We both just nodded our heads.

"Did you win Neji?" Ten-Ten asked. I wasn't offended because nobody knew how strong I really was, except for Hinata of course.

"No, she did." Neji answered. They looked at me shocked.

"Good Job Yuki!" Lee congratulated.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

Once we got back to the school, the school day was over. I watched Hinata come up to me.

"Hey." She said.

"Hello" I responded back.

"You want to stay over tonight?" She asked, we usually had sleep-overs on Friday.

"Sure!" We both chated until I went to my house to get ready.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOCK KNOCK

I knocked on their door and Hinata opened up.

"Come in Yuki!" she moved aside and I slipped past her.

We both headed up to her room and relaxed. We were up until mid-night talking about life, mostly our crushes. I listened to her talk about Naruto and how much she liked him. I didn't say much about Neji because that's her cousin .

I watched her fall asleep, but I wasn't really tired. I headed downstairs to get a glass of water. As I had grabbed a glass and filled it with water, I drank it and put it in the sink and washed it. I started to head back upstairs when I bumped into something.

I steadied myself as I looked up to see Neji looking back at me with his pale purple eyes.

"S-sorry." I whispered.

"It's fine Yuki." He said. I was about to walk away when he spoke,

"You never got to answer my question." I froze in my tracks and felt my face heat up.

"Why are you always blushing?" He asked.

"B-because I l-like you." I said and started to run up the stairs, but was quickly blocked as he appeared in front of me, putting his arm against the wall so I couldn't get past.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"I said I liked you." I whispered, barely audible. I quickly tired to get past him, but he stopped me and cupped my face with his hands.

"I like you too." and with that he kissed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it!!!