Not Today Bro

Megan pov

i wake up to nothing. no yelling,no rotten smell,no pain,nothing. I feel happy ,happy that i for once in my life don't have to worry about my father or what he might do. i get up happy to see that my bruises are finally fading and that by tomorrow they should be good enough to not cover up. He has never left like this i feel like i am free i don't have to feed anyone i'm not hurt how could someone leaving bring me such joy and happiness. To top it off i will be able to hang out with Trent and his friends,i don't even have to make an excuse as to why i am going out. i quickly get out of bed and change into a sweatshirt with leggings and put my shoes on and brush my teeth and hair and run out the door. I start my long journey to school and get ready for everything that awaits.

When i get to school i am stopped by the one and only Trent and the twin Kyle and James,Ben,Tyler,and Jake.

"hey meg" Trent said with his signature smirk

"hey mega-monster" said Kyle and James together

"hey Megan" Ben said with a warm smile

"hey" Tyler said with a boyish smile rocking on his feet as he talks

Jake does a boyish nod then looks away.everyone looks shocked at the encounter but then all come out of their daze when Trent comes over to me and wraps an arm around my waist from behind.i look up at him in confusion but then look at the others.

you could say that i'm okay with Trent but i am still nervous around the others.they were all staring at me and i could feel the word vomit coming and i couldn't stop it.

"uhhh well wow look at the time i got to go"i said trying to leave before it was going to be to late.

"why you don't like us?!?!?!?" James and Kyle asked pouting and looking at me with puppy dog looks.

"ohhh um no i just need to go because I don't want the pig to die remember I got to take care of him did you know that pigs could die of depression there like humans really,they cry and stuff but did you know they don't sweat,which is weird because people say that they are seating like pigs but pigs don't sweat you know? actually, I'm hot are you hot or not cuz you don't sweat Ummm I mean of course you do cuzzz boys sweat too or do just athletes sweat I mean are you athletes you could be I ca-" Trent covers my mouth and James and Kyle roll around on the ground laughing. Ben tries to hold back his laughs but fails badly

"do boys sweat?" he said as he shakes with laughter.

"what an idiot" Jake said with a smile he walks over to me and messes up my hair and walks away waving goodbye to the others.

Maybe Jake has finally warmed up to me after the whole eye thing. I hope he has and hopefully I can finally talk to Ben and Tyler normally. I feel like the twins are going to be okay with me but only because they're like little brothers.

I look at the others then finally walk in. as I walk in I feel a new feeling I don't think I have ever felt before, safe. Well at least until a long thin leg tripped me And I fell to the ground books and all.I'm gathering my books as fast as humanly possible when I hear a loud high pitched voice..
"Look how clumsy she is" she looked down at me in shame

I didn't come to school just to be attacked by her. all I wanted to do was stand up tall and proud and show her just how much it didn't affect me. As I stood up and looked up at her I slowly felt all my power to fight slowly slip out of my clenched fingers. as I was going to put my head down and walk away I felt someone grab my shaking hands. I look up to see a worried looking Trent.

"whats wrong meg?" he asked still holding my hand. I couldn't help the blood rushing to my cheeks from the feeling of his hands on mine, and how many people were looking at the scene.