Revelation

Morning light descended over Jurassic Park, and the danger of the night before was overcome by the jungle's sheer beauty as the sun's rays filtered through the forest canopy.
On the thickest branch of a towering forest giant that overlooked the jungle for miles around, Alan Grant dozed, both Murphy siblings curled up under his arms. But he was disturbed from his sleep by a loud rustling noise before him as a heavy shadow fell over the trio, blocking out the sun entirely. Stirring from his slumber, his drowsy eyes were greeted by a gigantic scaly head resting on a long, giraffelike neck. The creature in question paid the humans little mind as it continued chomping down on the leafy branch over their heads, for all the world like an oversize tree trimmer.
  The kids awaken with a start before their eyes fell on the gargantuan intruder. Now fully awake, Lex quickly backed further against the tree in panic.
  "Go away!"shrieked the twelve-year old in horror.
"It's okay! It's okay, it's a Brachiosaur."reassured the paleontologist quietly, not wanting to scare their sixty-ton visitor.
"Veggiesaurus, Lex! Veggiesaurus!"exclaimed Tim, hardly able to contain his excitement. However, all the commotion disrupted the slumber of a certain pizza-eating pilot. Yawning, Jimmy Z stretched his arms before asking, "Why are we all yelling?" It wasn't long before he spied the Brachiosaurus browsing just inches away from his leafy perch, and with a girlish scream, all thoughts of sleep fled from his mind as the redhead scrambled further away from the edge. "Wait a minute–" murmured JZ, realizing something. "Where are the Kratt Bros?"
His answer came when two laughs were heard thirty feet below them. "Don't worry, Jimmy. Ginkgo here wouldn't hurt a fly!"said a familiar voice, followed by another that said incredulously, "I still can't believe you decided on Ginkgo."
  "What? She likes ginkgo leaves."replied the first voice.
  Peering down, the group spied Martin and Chris, standing on Ginkgo's back, waving. Alan rolled his eyes in amusement at the brothers' antics while Tim scrambled closer to the edge, trying to get the newly named sauropod's attention.  
Grant also moved forward with a leafy branch in his grasp, offering it up to the massive herbivore, who accepted it gladly. Unfortunately for the paleontologist, the sauropod's strength was proving too much for him as Ginkgo began a game of tug-of-war. "Take a bite. Take a bite. I'm not letting go." Fortunately however, the Dino-fanatic and Tortuga pilot quickly came to his aid, preventing the bone-digger from falling forward as the Brachiosaur devoured the tree limb from his grasp.
Suddenly Ginkgo made a loud trumpet call, startling the four. "She's saying thanks for breakfast!"yelled Martin from his place on the vast herbivore's back, who continued browsing on the fresh foliage the tree had to offer. As Ginkgo continued her foraging, Tim reached out to pet the giant head, Jimmy followed soon after.
"Her nose is running. Looks like she has a cold."the ten-year old remarked, stroking the massive snout.
  "Just like an overgrown cow."added JZ, referring to the sauropod's rather nonchalant chewing action.
"And just like cows, sauropods like Brachiosaurus spent much of their day eating. That's just what Ginkgo here has been doing since we followed her on sunrise."replied Martin down below. "Like Frillina the Triceratops, sauropod dinosaurs also rely on gastrolith stones to help break down tough plant matter. And I imagine that just like elephants, they have to eat hundreds of pounds of vegetation every day!"finished the Kratt in green, from his place halfway up on Ginkgo's thirty foot neck.
  "I'd say around more than eight hundred pounds, maybe even half a ton's worth of food to be exact."said the paleontologist, pulling the animal's lower lip, which revealed rows of peglike teeth, to reveal the jaw at work. Ginkgo kept chewing, not objecting to the inspection. "You're a big beautiful animal."
"Can I touch it?"asked Lex, her fear gone, replaced with fascination.
"Sure, just think of it as–" here Dr. Grant cast a look at Jimmy,"as kind of an overgrown cow."
  With that, the twelve-year old tentatively edged forward, closer to the Brachiosaurus. "Come on, girl. Up here."
  The two creature adventurers exchange worried glances as they noticed something overlooked by everyone else. "Uh-oh, I think Ginkgo's about to—"
  But Chris never finished as said Brachiosaurus sneezed, sending an explosion of dino-snot flying at Lex, now dripping wet from head to toe.
  "God bless you!"shouted Tim politely, earning laughs from the Wild Kratts boys.
***Two Hours Later...****
After a breakfast of cold pizza from Jimmy Z's backpack and edible wild fruits and nuts collected by the Kratt Brothers, the party were once again on the jungle road. This time however, Chris traveled ahead from the trees, swinging through the vines, scouting the trail for potential dangers, while Martin took up the rear. "Clear!"signaled the Kratt in green every so often to indicate that the trail was safe. Only once was the traveling group ordered to stop, the reason being the trio of Metriacanthosaurs from last night in the next clearing, feasting on a fresh kill, a hadrosaur, according to Grant. The group wisely, and very quietly, gave the carnivores a wide berth, making a wide circle around them before picking up the trail again.
Putting the predatory dinosaurs behind them, the group continued their way through the forest, opposite the direction of the rising sun, making their way back to the Visitors Center. Soon the group fell into animated discussion, oblivious to the Kratt in blue tripping over the base of a massive forest giant.
"Clear!"shouted Chris, signaling that the coast was clear. But as he turned to look back on the travelers on the ground, he noticed something was wrong.
"Where's Martin?"
The party looked behind them, but no sign of the older Kratt. "We need to go back and look for him!"stated Chris urgently, as he slid down from the trees and raced back the way they came. The bone-digger, Tortuga pilot and children soon followed.
    To everyone's relief, they found Martin by the base of a towering tree, lying on his stomach, eyes twinkling at the sight before him. "Where were you, bro? You had us worried sick! I thought you wer—" scolded Chris before he looked in his brother's line of sight. Soon the Kratt in green crouched beside Martin marveling at the sight before their eyes: a whole clutch of dinosaur eggs, all hatched but now empty. They were soon joined by the others, who looked over Chris' shoulders in amazement.
  "You know what this is?"began Chris, holding a large fragment. "It's a dinosaur egg. The dinosaurs are breeding."
  "But– my grandpa said all the dinosaurs were girls."stated Tim doubtfully.
"Amphibian DNA."murmured Grant as the realization hit him.
  "What's that?"asked Lex.
"Well, on the tour– the film said they used frog DNA to fill in the sequence gaps."answered the paleontologist, analyzing another piece of eggshell. "They mutated the dinosaurs' genetic code and blended it with that of a frogs."
Martin continued for Grant, saying,"Now, some West African frogs have been known to spontaneously change sex from male to female in a single sex environment, which explains the male Metriacanthosaurus–"
"And the Brachiosaur mating calls from last night."added Chris, confirming their suspicions.
"Malcolm was right!"concluded the Kratt Brothers simultaneously before exchanging surprised glances, earning laughs from one another before noticing sets of tiny footprints leading away from the nest.
"Life found a way!"