The Invitation

"Greetings, Wild Kratts." said Mr. Hammond through the computer screen. "And greetings to all of you; Mrs. Corcovado, Mrs. Bambrick and Mr. Z. It's good to see you all again,"
"It's good to see you too, Mr. Hammond," replied Aviva. "Sorry we couldn't reply sooner; we were waiting on a certain pair of creature adventurers." she added, casting a glance at Chris and Martin before returning her attention to their guest. "Is something wrong?"
"I wanted to speak to Mr. Kratt—" at this point, the entrepreneur was cut off by a "Yes?" from the brothers. "As I was saying, I needed to speak to Mr. Christopher Kratt," Hammond corrected with a chuckle. "I heard all about the incident in Africa. Are you alright?"
Chris glanced at his girlfriend, who winced at the mention of that dreadful day. Then recomposing himself, he answered, " With all do respect, Mr. Hammond, call me Chris."
"And please, just call me Martin. It'll make things easier.." added Martin.
Rolling his eyes at his brother's antics, the Kratt in green continued," and secondly, I'm fine." He then added in his best English accent, "Tis but a flesh wound." Aviva elbowed him on the ribs. "OWW!!! But in all seriousness, it's all in a day's work. And if it weren't for that, it would've taken me a lot longer to realize that I had someone very special to live for." Here he glanced lovingly at Aviva, who had tears running down her face, a smile on her features, before the inventor pulled him into a tight embrace.
Silence followed. Not a single person had dry eyes, including Mr. Hammond. The couple before him reminded the old man of the happier days with his wife, sadly now passed. He wiped a stray tear from his eye before regaining his composure. "Congratulations Mr. Kra- Chris. I'm glad to see that everything's just fine. And if I may, you two make an adorable couple. I can tell that much. Which reminds me..
" I like you. All of you. I can tell quite instantly about people; it's a gift." Hammond paused. Upon seeing he had the whole crew's attention, he continued, "I own an island, off the coast of Costa Rica. I've leased it from the government and I've spent the last five years setting up a kind of biological preserve. Really spectacular, spared no expense. It'll make the one I've got down in Kenya look like a petting zoo. And there's no doubt, our attractions will drive kids out of their minds."
"I can imagine," murmured Martin to his brother. Out loud, he asked: "But what could possibly beat that reserve?" For it was the same location for most of the Wild Kratt's African adventures, including the encounter with the poachers.
"Glad you asked, Mr.–Martin. Not just kids. Everyone. We're going to open next year, that is, if the lawyers don't kill me first. I don't care for lawyers, do you?"
The Wild Kratts team exchanged glances before Chris replied, "Oh, we... don't really know, really."
"Nope." said Martin and Jimmy.
"Mm-mm" murmured Koki.
"We don't really know any," said the inventor.
"Well, I do I'm afraid. This particular pebble in my shoe represents my investors. That they insist on outside opinions."
"What kind of opinions?" Jimmy Z couldn't help but wonder.
"Well, you're kind not to put too fine a point on it. I mean, let's face it... in your particular field you're the top minds. And if I could just persuade you, to sign off on the park, give it your endorsement, maybe even pen a wee testimonial, I could get right back on shedule, er... schedule."
"Why would they care what we think?" asked Martin.
"What kind of park is this? I doesn't sound like the one in Kenya at all." asked a very intrigued Chris. His older brother nodded in agreement.
Hammond smiled before he replied," It's right up your alley. I tell you what. Why don't you come down, all of you, for the weekend."
The two Kratts gave it some thought. They haven't been doing much lately, and it was almost as though every villain and poacher had taken a vacation. Besides, they were insatiably curious as to the nature of this mysterious attraction. After exchanging knowing glances, the brothers voiced out their thoughts in unison: " Count us in!" The rest of the crew cheered in agreement, for they too thought it was time for a much needed break.
"Wonderful! This weekend then. Oh, and be sure to check your email for any directions, instructions and other details. Until then.."  Then he signed off.