Dances and Crushes pt. 2

A L F R E D

October 17, 2014

Alfred was surprised he wasn't called out by one of the (many) lurking teachers in the hallway. He was running so quickly that he almost tripped a few times. He just wanted to open that note, and he told himself that he wouldn't do it until he was in the lunchroom.

"Hey! Alfred! Where are you running off to so fast?" asked an asian boy. Oh geez, Alfred thought. Can't he get any peace?! Alfred slowed his speed so his friend could catch up to him.

"Oh hey, Kiku. I was running because I, uh, I'm so hungry. You know me, I love eating, ehehe..."

He was lying through his teeth, and he knew it.

"Oh, well then at least wait on your friend to come eat with you. You don't want to sit alone, do you?" Kiku asked.

Oh the irony in that question.

"U-Uh, of course not! I would look lame if I did sit alone." Alfred nervously replied.

Kiku was beginning to catch on to his friend's nervousness. So, like any polite person, he asked what was wrong. "Are you okay, Alfred? You seem nervous for some reason..." Kiku said worriedly. Alfred shook his head "no" and continued to walk towards his seat in the lunchroom. "Well, what's wrong?" the black haired boy asked. The taller boy only sighed. "You have to swear that you won't tell. Otherwise, I might tell all of your friends that you love ani-"

"sSSSSHHHHHHHH! Let's not have any of that. There's no need to go to drastic measures, I won't tell." Kiku quickly cut Alfred off. He couldn't have anybody knowing that he was an otaku. That wouldn't be good for anyone.

"Okay, well I'll tell you after I open-" he reached into his pocket, "-this." It was the note. Kiku stared at it in awe. What could it be, he wondered. Alfred then opened up the crumpled piece of paper. Ivan's response read:

Alfred,

I would love to go to the dance with you! I like you very much. Not only as being of friends, but being in love too.

-Ivan

The first thing that popped up in Alfred's mind was "He needs to work on his English", but soon after his brain registered that Ivan had not only said yes, but said that he like him back as well, he was jumping for joy.

"Kiku, he said he's go with me! I've gotta go find him!" and with that, the all-american boy was off to find his friend.
_____________

Alfred walked as quickly as he could to get outside where he knew Ivan would be sitting.

"Ivan! Ivan!" The blond yelled. Said boy looked towards Alfred. "Ivan, I'm really happy that you said yes."

His 13 year old heart was beating quickly in his chest.

Ivan had a small smile on his face. "Well it would be rude to keep secrets, right?" He asked. Alfred laughed briefly. "I guess it would be. So, this means you'll go with me?" Alfred asked. Ivan nodded his head 'yes' with a cute motion. The younger of the two blushed at the thought.

_______________

When Alfred walked home with his brother, he had a small skip in his step. He was so happy! There wasn't anything that could ruin his mood, and he knew that.

"Hey Alfie, what's got you all pumped?" Matthew inquired. His brother only smiled devilishly at the simple question. "I've got a date to the dance, and my date has a crush on me too." he boasted. Matthew rolled his eyes at his boastful brother for the 1000th time today (did I forget to mention the two were in every class together, despite Matthew being better in math and science than Alfred?).

"Is this a matter that I'm supposed to care about?" Matthew said sarcastically. Alfred looked at his counterpart pointedly. "Yes." He drew out his answer.

Unaware of what Matthew was about to do, Alfred relaxed.

Wrong decision, kid

Matthew took a large breath of air, and yelled out "WOOHOO, GO LITTLE BROTHER. YOU HAVE A DATE, AND I DON'T."

Alfred hasn't ever jumped so far out of his skin. Never mind just being "startled".

The two boys were nearing their house, and as they did, they could hear arguing.

Remember how Alfred's mood couldn't be dampened earlier?

Well, as soon as he heard Arthur say that he wanted a divorce, that statement was a lie.