Dances and Crushes pt. 1

A L F R E D

October 17, 2014

Today was a typical Friday for Alfred. First he'd get up in the morning, he'd get to school, he'd get to class, he'd eat lunch, he'd get to his 4th block, and then he'd go to his selected club. Sounds boring, right? Well, usually, yes, that would sound very boring, and even in action it was very boring, but not this certain Friday. Let's just say that Ivan and Alfred had grown considerably closer through the month that passed. And let's also assume that little ole' Alfred has been questioning his sexuality. However, that's not all that's been plaguing poor Alfred's mind- oh no, that's the least of his worries at the moment. What's been bothering him the most is that Ivan and himself have been very flirtatious to each other. But, the biggest issue is that Alfred has quite the crush on his best friend, and by "quite the crush" I mean you could compare this thing to a festering wound. What's worse is that Alfred is beginning to believe that Ivan is crushing back. And then, what makes poor, small, little Alfred's situation even worse is that the Halloween dance is next Friday. Guess who the little bugger wants to ask. Ivan. Man, this has been one hell of a week for him.

_______________________________________

As the sandy blond walked down the hall to go to another teacher's classroom (on request of his own), he thought about how he going to slip Ivan his note. Every step further he took, the more nervous and anxious he got. Why the hell was he getting so worked up over a note anyway? It's not like he didn't know Ivan, and it isn't like Ivan was an upperclassmen. So what was the problem? Was it the possibility of rejection, or a ruined friendship? Maybe it was the fact that the entire school would know within 5 seconds of Ivan (possibly) accepting his invitation that he was gay. Well whatever it was, he needed to be focusing on exactly how he was going to slip the note to Ivan.

It's also a good thing Alfred looked up for the small second that he did. Otherwise, he would've bumped right into one of the many lockers on the hall.

Letting out a small breath, Alfred knocked lightly on the door, and waited for the math teacher to come to the door (can we all agree that this was the most awkward part of running an errand for a teacher?). A student finally answered the door and Alfred walked in, and stood very close to Ivan's desk.

"What is it that you need, Mr. Jones?" asked the teacher. "I have a note from Ms. Brady. She says to read it now and to give her a response to take back to her." Alfred said proudly. He then handed the adult a small slip of paper, and he read it.

Alfred took the time to hand get Ivan's attention, and hand him that note of his. Once the platinum haired boy read it, his eyes got wide, and he turned as red as an apple. Ivan had been learning more, and more about human interaction day after day from his friend, and he definitely knew what this note meant- his best friend of all people liked him, and wanted him to go to the dance with him. Alfred was silently screaming inside at the thought of Ivan's answer as the pale boy wrote down a (paragraph) response. The teacher still seemed distracted by what the note's instructions were. That was a good thing for Alfred. All though technically Ivan was timed on his response, he wasn't being rushed.

Finally, the blue eyed boy got the papers from the math teacher, and he got his response from Ivan. Man, did he want to read that paper, but he knew that he should wait until his elective classes, or lunch so he could approach Ivan on the matter. Hopefully, it wouldn't be a visit to his friend that ended up being an awkward rejection, or an awkward apology. Walking up the winding stairs that seemed to never end tired Alfred out, and he was an athlete! Somehow, he made it back up to his english class, and his work continued.

___________________________________________

The clock hands quickly worked towards Alfred's designated lunch period, and god was he anxious. He just wanted to open the damn thing already, and the slow ass hands on that damned clock weren't helping his anxiety. What if he just fucked up everything that he's worked for as far as befriending Ivan? He'd definitely be depressed for a while. It'd be 6th grade all over again, but worse.

"Alright class, leave your things in here, and let's go to lunch." said Ms. Brady.

Alfred quickly grabbed the note, and shoved it in his pocket.