9: Natsu

What am I gonna' do?! It's obvious she's not going to last long, but what if I tried to convince her that her body was worth being in the universe? No... That wouldn't work, there are so many people that she knows that love her. I think I'll try asking Mira, she may know how to delay Luce's death, at least by a little bit.

After asking, her response was, "All I can say is that I don't know. I know that this 'sickness' has been going through her family for a long time, each generation it ends faster, taking the daughter's body and life source until there is nothing left. We've been delaying this process since she was born. Her parents have helped her believe, I've been helping her, and now her friends are helping but it's not enough. No matter what... She will die from this." The woman began crying, tears leaving her eyes in streams at the thought of losing another well loved patient to this sickness. "I wish I could say there was a happy ending for her story, but there isn't. I really need you to understand that I really want to save her, but there is no other ending for her. She will die from this sickness, Natsu. She will die."

Mirajane turned away from me and say at her desk. Just at that moment, an idea popped into my head, "Mira, has Luce ever wanted to... I don't know, do anything crazy before she dies?"

Mira turned towards me once more, "She's always wanted to go to see a Broadway show... But I don't think that counts."

"Oh, it counts.... Which show?"

"42nd street. It's actually in town tomorrow, if you can get tickets."

"Oh, I know I can." The sound echoed through the room as we both slipped silently into our own heads and parted ways.

A/N: Sorry for the late update, nothing has given me inspiration for this book in a while.

Now I was just recently in 42nd street.

Hope you enjoyed!

⚓️~Angel