4: Lucy

I had been really taken aback when Natsu asked me about my problem. How could he have known? Had he been standing behind me as I told Mrs. Smith? He might've, but that was two days ago... Hmm. I pondered these pondering as I packed my things in my backpack and picked up the bag made of gray values with the occasional pink rose fabric. Placing this over my shoulder, I shut the locker, and turned quickly to walk out of the building yet ended up running into something. "Oof." The air rushed out of my lungs, as it had the first time. I, once again, placed my hand on the flat surface of which my face had landed, yet this time I had landed, yet this time I had no hesitation as I pushed myself off the surface. I looked up to once more find the, now familiar, gorgeous onyx eyes, just staring at me. "Sorry, Natsu. I didn't see you there." I smiled.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you!" He looked deeply into my eyes, "Just go somewhere private?"

"Um... Sure. I walk home anyways." I followed him to the back of the building, my eyes never leaving his tall, muscular form as my hands fidgeted with the hem of my uniform. I had a doctor's appointment I had to go to, Mira said it was just the usual, though, so I can probably be a few minutes late. I was immersed in my thoughts and, before I knew it, he grabbed my arm and gently pushed me against the brick, "Natsu! What are you doing?"

"Asking a question..." His voice trailed off as he stared into my eyes. After a while, I was absolutely sure... This guy was my soul mate. My wish... It came true, tears came to my eyes and they began to stream down my face. "Lucy? What is it?" He brought a hand up to my cheek, gently wiping away my tears.

"Nothing," I turned my face away from him, embarrassed that I was crying about the fact that I had found my soul mate.

After awhile, he gently turned my head to face him, "Lucy?"

"Yeah?" I said, looking into his eyes, his hand still resting on my chin.

"Will you..." He started softly, before beginning again, he cleared his throat, a light blush dusting his cheeks, "Will you go on a date with me?"

"O-of course!"I replied, astonished.

He looked at me again, now seemingly cool and collected, "Tomorrow after school work?"

"Well... Not tomorrow. I have a family thing after school." Actually a doctor's appointment and the anniversary of a special someone in my life dying so...

"What about Saturday?" He asked, giving me an almost puppy dog look.

"I'll have to talk to my parents about it, I'll text you tonight!" I cried out as he allowed me to run away. Dang it! I was going to be late again!

Mira's going to be happy though.

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. Smh

Love Mira, though.

⚓️~Angel