8: Lucy

Through the darkness surrounding me, I heard a very loud, angry Mira yell, "LUCY HEARTFILIA! YOU WILL WAKE UP THIS INSTANT! DON'T LET THE SICKNESS GET THE BEST OF YOU!!! YOU CAN'T LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS!"

My vision began to clear, due to the words of encouragement. I cautiously opened my eyes, vision blurry to begin, gradually getting better. I felt some strange presence around my hand, which felt like it was being crushed. "What happened?" I croaked out, throat hoarse.

"Lucy!" I heard a cry of relief come from Mira. I was being held in a tight embrace, practically strangled to death. "You passed out again. You forgot to check. I told you, you can't do that!"

"Sorry, Mira."

I heard someone shift behind her, next to me, "Um... What's going on?" I heard Natsu ask.

"Ummmmm." I began chewing on my lip, nervously. Mira moved out of my way to sit on her desk and gave me a pointed look the said 'he needs to know'. I sighed dejectedly, "Well... Natsu... I'm sick. And I only have a little while to live. This is my personal doctor, MiraJane Strauss. She cared for my mother, who had the same sickness.

"We know each other. You know... Lisanna." Mira stated.

"Yeah." I looked down to my hands which fumbled with each other. "Mira?" I asked breathily, "It's happening again." My head felt as if it were filled with air, light as a feather. It bobbed around a bit before my head fell onto the pillow and the darkness began to consume me."

"LUCY HEARTFILIA! I'M NOT LOSING YOU LIKE I LOST LAYLA!"

My mind and vision began to clear and tears came to my eyes, "Mira... It's happening faster and more often now. I don't know if I can hold out much longer." I knew Natsu was too awestruck at what was happening to me. I looked down at my near gone hands and forearms. I closed my eyes, concentrating on them, once more willing them into existence. I looked back up to Mira, pleading, "Please, Mira." Tears came once more to my eyes, "I can't hold on much longer!" Tears began coming out of my eyes, flowing down my cheeks in big streams. Suddenly a pair of hands was grasping my shoulders, forcing me to look into a pair of onyx eyes that I had fallen in love with.

"Luce! Don't talk like that! You have to hold on! For all of us! Do you hear me?!" Natsu was yelling at me.

I nodded, sniffling and pulled him closer into a hug. Even though I knew I couldn't last much longer. One day soon I would wake up with Momma and Daddy and cry to myself out of happiness and loss. But I had to hold out long enough to say goodbye to everyone.

I had to.

A/N: Love all you readers! I've gotten a couple of encouraging comments. Love them!

Thanks!

⚓️~Angel