THIRTEEN

Dedicated to @RushAdrenalinee and @thedreamerkid for their books. Maria just started a new one and I hope you all go amd read it...

* * *

29/SEP/2016

9 months

That's how long it had been since Eleanor became pregnant.

7 months

That's how long Louis had been off the market.

5 months

That's how long Perrie Edwards became a Malik even after their break up the previous year.

3 months

That's how long it took for Louis to get management to finally let One Direction go and end their contract.

1 month

That's how long it was since Niall and Liam came out, during their last interview as One Direction.

3 weeks

That's how long it took for Louis to pack their bags and memorize the quickest route to the hospital.

Eleanor was definately close to giving birth. She'd had so many false alarms, but neither was going to be taking any chances.

Eleanor was in love. Pure bliss. Louis was happy when she was happy when she was happy...

Or was it because she was pregnant?

Well, he didn't show it. Publicly at least.

"We are NOT calling it... Harry."

She spat.

"I said I would choose if it's a boy. You said you would choose if it's a girl."
"That deal is off!"
"Come on Eleanor!"
"Arg! It's been years and you still don't call me by a nickname. What's wrong with you?"

Louis rolled his eyes, stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen.

Hormones of a pregnant woman.

"Louis fucking Tomlinson, I swear..."

And he froze. Déjà vû.

12 months

That's how long it had been since he last saw or heard from Harry. It was not up until then that Louis realized he missed him.

Best friends for life.

But he wasn't about to start crying over the dead and falling back into his dark past. Harry was gone for good and that was that. He was happy with Eleanor and no one was about to change that.

With a glass of water in hand, he noticed the silence. He walked back to the living room to find Eleanor clutching her stomach in pain.

"What's wrong?"
"M-my water just b-broke."

* * *

5 hours

That's how long it took for Marvin Edward Tomlinson to be born.

The baby was asleep in Louis' arms, quite small for the doctor's liking but assured he would grow eventually. Eleanor was asleep on the bed.

The baby had brown hair, Eleanor's complexion and, strangely, green eyes. Neither parents had green eyes, but there was no time or reason to venture into why.

A new life had been born.

A new generation started.

Louis felt at peace. Watching little Marvin's sleeping figure gave him a calming feeling. He now knew what proud fathers felt like when they bragged about how their kids would take up after them.

"You're gonna be the next hottie footballer slash singer, just like your daddy."

He smiled. He couldn't wait to tell Uncle Niall and Uncle Liam.

* * *

18/DEC/2016

3 months

That's how long it took for Louis' heart to break. Again.

Today was no doubt the second worst day of his life.

The baby had been having complications with breathing, but the doctors assured that it would be gone by the second month of life, and kept him in an incubator until they were sure he was fine to go home.

The parents sighed in relief.

But today was absolutely horrendous!

It started when a knock sounded at the door. Louis opened the door to a buff man with brown hair, green eyes and he was about 5.11 (about Harry's height).

"Uuh... hi?"
"I'm looking for Eleanor Calder."
"It's Tomlinson."
"Yeah, sorry. Is she in?"
"What do you..."
"Jay?"

Eleanor called from the stairs. She walked to the door right past Louis who was still holding the door handle.

"El, what happened? You just... disappeared."
"Eleanor, who is this?"
"Louis..."
"El?"
"Louis!"

Niall appeared with a skip in his step, walking past the guy in the doorway standing beside Louis. He eyed the guy up and down before raising a questioning eyebrow at Louis.

"Who's this guy?"
"Ok. Ok. Fine. Louis, this is Jacob. Jay, this is Louis, my husband."
"What!"
"And this Jacob is..."

Niall pressed on, his arms crossed. Eleanor looked at the three men standing before her and she knew she was screwed.

"He... he's the... He's the real father of my baby."

It seemed as though the atmosphere changed around them.

"I-I'm going to check on the baby."

Niall excused himself. Louis went and locked himself in the bathroom. Eleanor and Jacob went to the kitchen.

"Louis! Eleanor! Other guy!"

Niall shouted from Marvin's room. They ran upstairs to find him rocking a purple-complexioned baby.

"He's not breathing!"
"Get in the car! We have to get him to the hospital!"

* * *

2 hours

That's all it took for Marvin Edward Tomlinson to say goodbye to a life he hadn't even started.

4 hours

That's all it took for Louis to get over the shock of past hours.

6 hours

That's all it took for a new decision, a new promise, a new mission to be made.

*-*-*-*-*

I liked that type of writing. It's fun playing with numbers.

Unless it's Mathematics. Then that's horrendous!

The pic on the side is me whenever someone asks me my opinion on Zayn. I'm not sorry to say I'm still pissed at that boy.

Q: If you were at a club with your girlfriend/boyfriend and One Direction came on, would you fangirl internally and make them dance, or would you grimace and tell him to bribe the DJ to change the song?

Personally, I'd have a mini panic attack, fangirl and then pull him to the dance floor not only because I'm a Directioner, but also because their songs are dance-worthy for days!!!

This is short cause it's almost the end.

Thank you again, happy reading and remember to vote and comment.

All the love.

Keep Calm And
Don't Talk Shit!
-Linda-