Finished, News, and Leaving

Lucy's POV

Three months later, we were flying back. Igneel and Layla were flying by themselves. I had some news for them when we get back. Natsu already knows, he's so lucky. It's dragon law that you have to train a human in your magic. Natsu has Layla as his dragon slayer but Igneel didn't inherit my magic. So I have to travel the world, find an orphan, and train him until he masters my magic. Layla will one day have to do the same but not Igneel. He was born a celestial mage and always will be. He is unable to learn any other magic. I sigh then look at Natsu, who is looking back. "Don't be worried Lucy, they'll understand. You'll come back anyways, right?" I smile sadly then look forward. "Yeah, but we came out of that crystal to find them grown up without us and then they have to find out I'm leaving" Natsu sighs. "yeah..."

We land in front of the guild to find a bunch of the members coming out. I smile as Wendy gives me a thumbs up. "D-d-dragons!" I giggle. "Hi! Long time no see!" Me and Natsu transform into humans while Layla and Igneel stays in their dragon form. "YOSH! I'M AWSOME LOOKING!" We all sweatdrop. Tetsu runs up to Layla. "Layla! What!?" I giggle while  Natsu growls lowly. "flirting with Layla.." I slap the back of his head. "stop!" Igneel squeaks as Simon runs up to him. I smirk as I notice the slight blush on Igneel's face. Erza and Levy-chan walk up to me. "Ah Lu-chan, I'm going to be like a sister to you in the future!" "Yes, Lucy. We're going to be sisters" I giggle as Gajeel, Jellal, and Natsu tilt their heads. "Sisters, wait" Natsu slowly pieces together in his head. Gajeel only looks confused. Jellal smiles. "I'm slightly worried" "WHAT!" I sigh, there is Natsu's reaction. "BROTHER TO THESE TWO!" We all laugh but Jellal smiles nervously.

I was on the stage with Natsu and the twins with me. Everyone was around the stage. I clear my throat. Everyone waits for me. "I'm sorry everyone, I'm leaving the guild." "WHAT!" Natsu wraps an arm around my shoulder. "It's only Lucy though. She needs to leave the guild for a while. Its a dragon thing" I sigh and nod. "Its in the dragon law that a dragons magic must be passed down to a human. Natsu is staying, his magic was passed down to Layla. Igneel is unable to learn any other form of magic." I get answered with silence until I get crashed into the ground. I only keep a blank face. Igneel and Layla tackled me down. "WHY!" I was surprised, Igneel yelled. I close my eyes and tears flow out of my eyes. "Why mom why?" I pat the back of his head. "I didn't tell Natsu this part for a reason." "Lucy?" I open my eyes and stroke the back of Igneel and Layla's head. "If I don't pass on my magic, I'll be erased" "erased?" I look at the ceiling with blurry eyes. "yes, magic is a part of us. But dragons are different. When we reach a certain point of time and we don't pass on our magic, we get erased out of existence."

Everyone freezes. I chuckle. "I need to start training a human in at least a month, my time is almost up." Natsu sits on the ground. "Is this why?" I nod "yes, I cough up blood every night because of it. I'm slowly dying. There's nothing I can do unless I train someone. I have to leave." Layla nuzzles my chest. "can't we come with?" I smile sadly. "No, I'm afraid not. I wish I could. I'm not allowed to keep in contact with you guys either. But I can make it so you can tell if I'm alive or not." "How?" Master jumped on the stage and looks at me. "I have to move my mark in the same place as Natsu's, then I have to do a spell on his mark and mine." "what happens if you die?" It was Erza. I shrug. "Then he dies too" The twins gasp, along with the others. Natsu shrugs as well. "If Lucy dies, I'm dead anyways. Its a whole part of being mated." Wendy stutters. "R-r-r-r-really?" I sigh. "when a dragon or a slayer mates, their souls get combined into one. One can't live without the other. On the other hand, if you have kids and one of the mates has died, then they have a year to live. However they will slowly grow weak and die of magic starvation."

Gajeel sighs. "she's right, which is why I'm not mated with Shrimp and the same goes with Laxus and Mira. We want our wives to live a long life, with or without us. I'm not sure on how different it is with Bunny-girl and Salamander but they are right." I nod in thanks to Gajeel, who only replies with a 'Gihi' and a nod. I sit up with Igneel still hugging me. I hug him back then look at two others. "Simon, Tetsu, I can trust you with my kids right?" They blush. "I will keep Igneel safe." Igneel turns red. "Gihi! Pinky is mine" Layla squeaks and blushes. I giggle but Natsu and Gajeel sigh. Jellal smiles. I slowly stand up. Igneel won't let go so I put my arms under his butt and lift him up higher. I walk over to Natsu. He only smiles sadly. I set Igneel down and hug Natsu. He hugs me back and lifts my chin up. He slams his lips onto mine. I kiss back. We pull back. "I have to go." Natsu hugs me again and whispers in my ear. "how long will you be gone?" I whisper back "five years minimum" We pull back again and Mira walks up with the guild mark stamp. "so, right shoulder, pink?" I nod. "yes" Mira nods. She places the stamp on my right shoulder and stamps it. The mark on my hand crawls up my skin and on my shoulder.

Me and Mira hug. Levy-chan tackles me into a hug. I groan in pain. "I have to go now Levy-chan." She buries her face into my stomach in response. "Lucy" I glance at Master. "Yes Master?" "go to the town of Alley. That town is known for abandoned kids" "thanks" I walk over to the guild doors, Gajeel pulled Levy off. Natsu grabs my wrist. "Lucy..." I turn around and see Natsu with tears in his eyes. I look down and see the kids with teary eyes as well. I smile sadly. Me and Natsu crouch down and we make a group hug. "MAN!" I hear a smack. "Dumbass, they're having a family moment!" I giggle. Evergreen smacked Elfman with her fan. We stand up again. Natsu unravels his scarf from his neck. He wraps it around my neck. "here, do you remember all those years ago what I told you?" I nod "nothing to worry about, I'm not leaving them." Natsu nods. "good. Oh and that scarf will stretch around your neck even when you transform." peck his lips. "Alright. I have to go." I turn around. "Be safe or I will hunt you down" I giggle. I walk a few feet then transform. "Bye, I'll see you again!" Everyone in the guild responds with a "BYE!" I take off. As I start flying in the direction of the town of Alley, I get a message from Master. I widen my eyes.