Oh no, she had!

He walked over, careful not to stand too close. I stood, gaping. Why would Miss Sarah do this to me!?

"Can I - Uh - see what you guys know?" I asked, stumbling over my words. I was silently fuming.

The junior class got in place, still giggling and whispering. I caught a bit of someone's conversation and cleared my throat. "Ready?"

The girl smirked, but shut her mouth. I glanced behind me. Holden was smiling at my struggle.

I started shaking with anger. "5, 6, 7, 8!"

Holden immediately continued my count while I watched carefully. They hadn't gotten too far, but nothing was really wrong. I watched the girl picked to be the rule breaker. She knew what she was doing, and something told me that if she hadn't received the special part, she would have stood out anyway. They stopped dancing and I narrowed my eyes for a second. I then plugged in my iPad and started the music. Everyone got into place without a word.

"5, 6, 7, 8!" I called, marking things in the front of the room. A couple of parts were a little different, but everybody kept up. After I finished marking it with them, I stood in the front of the room.

"Go for it," I said, clicking a button on a little remote to control the music.

I watched again, my careful eyes missing nothing. I called out corrections as I saw them. Holden didn't say anything. After a couple more run-throughs, I decided to teach them more. I read the next few lines of choreography, considering my dancers. I turned to the girl featured in the dance.

"Who's your partner?"

Unlike the senior class, junior class didn't have a lot of boys. The class was so much bigger than ours, so it didn't surprise me. I could have guessed that this girl would have a male dance partner, though. The boy she indicated made his way over. I started explaining what they would do. A bit of partner work, then somebody else would join them. It frustrated me that these two didn't understand what I was trying to tell them, though.

Holden walked up behind me, clutching the notebook. "This is easier than it sounds. I've lifted you like this before."

I nodded, trying not to linger on the thought.

"Here, like this," Holden said.

I let out a squeal as he grabbed me around the waist, my shirt bunching up as he lifted me. "What. Are. You. Doing!" I screeched, "Put me down!"

He set me gently on my feet and I jumped back, shooting him a glare and pulling the shirt back down.

"Well, that's how that lift works," Holden said, shooting the dancers an amused smile.

The junior boy and girl laughed. I stood with my arm clutching my stomach, my own version of crossed arms, grinding my teeth. Fine.

"Ella, I'm sorry," he said, exasperated.

I turned away, holding my chin high. "No. If I'm so bad at explaining lifts, why don't you take over."

"Nobody can explain lifts. You just have to go for it or show them."

I sighed angrily. He was right. I didn't want to admit it.

"Excuse me?" Somebody asked, "Are you done arguing? We're ready to learn our dance."

My cheeks burned red and I went back to explaining, feeling satisfied when the partners got their first lift. I reluctantly let Holden lift me a few times to show them, hating the fact that he was touching me, even if it was necessary. I was pretty sure that he was violating me in some way. Could I call him out on that one?

Miss Sarah came in near the end of the practice and I told the junior class that they could leave if she approved of their performance. They settled into their spots, ready to impress. I watched, noting things but not calling them out. The featured girl and boy performed the partner section flawlessly, while the group was perfectly on time. I let myself smile. Not bad at all.

"That was good," Miss Sarah complimented. The junior class was dismissed.

I gathered my things and unplugged my iPad, humming to myself. I thought the room was empty. I turned and jumped though, when I saw Holden lingering.

"Am I allowed to talk to you?" He asked.

"No," I replied, flipping my ponytail over my shoulder. I began to brush past him, but he grabbed my limp arm. A bold move, especially because I didn't know it until my shoulder felt like it was going to pop out of its socket.

"I seriously think we need to talk."

"I seriously think I have to go home."

We stared each other down, Holden's gaze sad and mine angry. He finally let go of my arm and I jogged out of the studio. This would be a long couple of weeks.

***

Hey! Sorry for the late update. Again, the Wattpad app is being VERY stupid. I don't know if you can even read chapter 19 on the app. If all else fails, it pops up on the website. I'm so sorry, there's nothing I can do about it!

The bright side is that I have a lot of chapters written. I'll probably post them pretty soon. I just wish I could get more votes and comments *sigh*

So, if you think you know what's going to happen, leave your predictions in the comments below! I don't think you'll guess ;)

As always, VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!!

~HalleBallet