"Thanks." I mumbled still keeping my eyes on my mother. We just stared at one another like so people staring at each other for a piece of meat on the street.

"Your so beautiful." She mumbled with a slight smile, I didn't return the smile I just shifted around in this chair, I looked down at my hands and back up to her.

"I-I...do you know who I am?" She smiled lifting her ha da up to the table, I ho early can say we look just alike, almost like we're twins.

"Oh yes...your my beautiful daughter..oh I thought about you for so long."

"Did you?"

"Yes..it's been so long since I seen your face."

"I want answers." She shifted a little and that let me know that she was a little uncomfortable with it. "I want to know why you left?" She leaned back placing her hands back in her lap.

"Uh..I'm not really ready to tell you."

"Your waisting your own time..I came to see you if you had answers, so where are they?"

"La-"

"No...answer the question."

"....I was young."

"Is that it? That don't tell me anything." She looked down biting down on her bottom lip. I was getting very impatient with her, she was waisting time. "Speak I don't got all day."

"I was on the run..and I was due when I was being chased by the police, I was always in and out of prison..and I was scared, I was doing drugs..and thank god you weren't harmed, but when I gave birth to you I ran..I was so scared." I chuckled shaking my head.

"Shit this is bazar...how could you fucking leave me? How? I was only a infant..why? I had no one! My father was dead and you've Been here..I was alone while a child, I never once had anybody in my life..but when my auntie adopted me from that hell hole of a place I felt loved, I felt somewhat love..but not enough to fill my whole heart up, I thought of you..wrote a letter for you..fuck I even did a song after you, I fucking missed you..but I never had you in my life, so now what huh? What's going to happen?"

"I know I'm sorry..Lani I swear I thought about you every single day, while I was clean I thought about you, I'm so sorry..I messed up, but once I get out I can make it up to you..I want us to have that mother daughter talk again..like last time you were here..I know I didn't speak the last time but I still want to move in with you so we can get to know each other."

"How did my father die?" I asked wiping my eyes, since I knew this would happen, I didn't want her to see me cry.

"Lan-"

"How? Tell me."

"....believe it or not, but your father was an addict also, but he was a good man with a good heart...I loved him so much, and when I found out he died..that's when I turned to drugs, I was so broken in the inside." I shook my head covering my face with my hands, I felt her hand grip mines making me jump a little. "I'm so sorry sweetie." I stared at her hand slightly taken aback..I wanted to believe her, I really did.

"Is this true?"

"Yes..why would I lie." I chuckled pointing my finger at her.