1: The Pink-Haired Witch

Run.

Kill.

Kill.

Kill.

I slid my thin body and hid behind a tree, breathing steadily as if to hold back every sound I make for the witch hunters not to find me. Kumikinang ang ilaw ng buwan mula sa itaas, sabay non ang ingay ng mga sapatos ng kalaban sa lupa. Hindi ako gumalaw. "Another pretty witch to bury alive" "Lumabas kana! Hindi ka makakatakas samin!" Limang amoy ng mga mortal ang naaamoy ko sa gubat. Gusto kong matawa sa mga lumalabas sa bibig nila, pero kailangan kong manahimik kung ayaw kong mawala sa paningin ko ang mga pagkain.

I am very hungry right now, even though I ate two fully grown-up men earlier from the lake where I was trying to clean myself up. They were peeking, trying to watch the naked me while I swam deeper into the icy lake. I knew they were there in the first place, giving them a show as I turned to their gazes with my nudity visible under the magnificent moon. And then I told them to come out, to join me. They were happy enough to have the idea of me warming their beds after-- not until I snapped their necks, not until the icy lake of clearness went red from the blood that spilled from their mortal bodies, not until I ate every meat in them that the happiness betrayed them to death.

They tasted shit. 

Ngayon, I'm hunting again. I was eating a dead deer the moment they set their eyes on me, I let them see me though, cause I smelled their blood lingering in the air that I couldn't stop myself but drool from the scent of the familiar red. From the scent they gained by killing witches like me-- Witch Hunters.

Ramdam ko ang bawat galaw nila kahit hindi ko sila nakikita. Just by smelling them, I could pinpoint the places they're at. Wala sa oras akong napangisi ng maamoy ko ang isang lalakeng malapit sa pwesto ko--- just behind this huge tree. His smell isn't really an appetizer or a main dish, but it's okay as long as he's edible and meaty.

"Witch. Witch. Witch." It whispered, like he'd figured it out moments ago that I was trying to hide here. I viciously grinned when I heard the little thud of that weapon he was now using. "Witches are one clan. Witches are one clan. Good or evil, they are one blood. One blood to diminish, one blood to crown darkness--" I pricked up my ears the moment I heard him sing the song the mortals had made to tell stories for their children. "--Nothing good. Nothing sacred. Until all witches burn---"

I hate that song.

So I speak, "Kung patayan lang, patayan lang. Walang kantahan. Nakakarindi boses mo sa tenga"

Silence.

Then a disgusting laugh covered the forest. That laugh probably signaled his other friends. Good. Things will be easier.  "Sinasabi ko na nga ba nandiyan ka nagtatago, witch"

Wala sa oras kong pinaglaruan ang mga matatalim kong kuko.

"Are you gonna kill me now or what?" I ask, still picking my nails. Bahagya ko ng naririnig ang ingay ng mga sapatos ng mga kaibigan niya sa di kalayuan. "I'm very very hungry right now and if you won't start moving I might eat you this instant without giving you any fight, mortal"

"Meron ngang kaibahan ang ugali niyong mga Black witches sa mga White witches" Another thud from his weapon. That actually confirmed my suspicion then. A crossbow. A Witch Hunter's favorite weapon. "The last witch we killed was a white witch. She begged for us not to kill her" the air around us shifted, thumping of shoes on leaves and twigs pricked up my ears. "She was crying. Pathetic little witch. She was pretty though, beautiful rather"

The scent of the crossbow went wild. Stronger, meaning nearer. I bared my teeth, letting my fangs lengthen-- "Sad cause I won't be able to hear you cry for mercy, witch--" as my own fate twisted with delight, the speed I gave out was beyond eye watch as I quickly turned my body around to avoid the accuracy of the arrow. I let out a warning hiss as soon as my darkened eyes found the young man with its crossbow just behind the tree--- and merely gave him any time to move as I lunged forward and snapped his neck-- blood splattered at my face. His body sagged at hinayaan ko itong mahulog sa--- I stopped the body from falling and used it as a shield when I scented the familiar smell of attack from my blind spot. Another splattered blood. Then came shouts and screams and awful words from this young man's friends.