Chapter Fourteen

I sat on the stairs, staring out into the trees for I don't even know how long. I felt a nudge next to me. I looked down at Aspen as he curled up on my lap. I was hiding on the back stairs which no one took, but had the most beautiful view of the trees behind the house. I snuggled into Aspen as my phone vibrated on the stair above me.
"Amira?" I looked down to see Noah standing at the bottom of the stairs. I look down at him before back out at the trees. I feel the vibrations of the stairs moving as he comes and sits next to me. He moves Aspen and pulls me to him. "How long have you been sitting here?" I snuggled up to him and shrugged.
"Jessa won't let me out any more. I find the scenery calming." Noah put his head on top of mine.
"So you sit on the stairs?" I nodded up at him. He laughed and pulled me up. "Come." I shook my head. "Come on, I promise." I let him pull me up and take me upstairs to a room I haven't ventured into yet. "In all the time we lived here, we could never figure out what to do with this room." I looked around at the room, boxes littered the floors, dust covered most surfaces but the view was amazing.
"I was my office for a while, Jessa's, the baby's room, but after that just storage." The wall was made of glass so you could look over the the trees and in the distance see the bustling city. The most amazing view I have ever seen.
"I can have someone come and we can make it however you want. Maybe get a couch in here, a tv, a desk for when you come home from college." He walked to the wall and looked out. "We can even put a mini fridge up here so it's your own space. I'm sure you need it. Having us breathing down your neck all the time." I wrapped my arms around his chest and squeezed.
"No matter now constricting you two get, I know it's because you care. It's nice knowing people care again." He wrapped his arms around me too.
"I love you so much, Amira." I smiled up at him.
"I love you too, Daddy." He kissed my head and looked around.
"We are going to move all this to the attic and make this your space. I'm sure Gunner will help." I smiled at him looking out the window.
"Dad?" I looked at him as he thoughtfully looked around the old room. He looked up.
"What are we going to do about school?" He sat me down on one of the boxes. "I'm going to be so far away, Dad." I looked up at him. He sat next to me and rubbed my shoulders.
"You aren't going to be far. You aren't going to be alone, ever." He kissed my head. "I will drop everything in a heart to get you." I looked up at him.
"Maybe going into the best idea." I looked down at my hands. Noah pulled my hands to his making me look at him.
"Amira, is this something you want to do?" I nodded at him slowly, afraid of my own answer. "Then baby, this is something you have to do. I'm going to make sure you are going to be okay." I laid my head on his shoulder. "Everything is going to be okay, I never going to let anything happen to you ever again." I closed my eyes as Noah rubbed my shoulder....
I sat on my bed a sketching when I felt arms wrap around me and a face face press into my back. "Hi Gunner." I smiled as I felt him grunt into my back as he tightened his grip. "Rough day?" He grumbled something. "You know I got nothing of that right?" He sat up and pulled me to him.
"Just want to send time with my Amira." He snuggles into my shoulder. I put my book down and stroked his hair.
"What's wrong?" I asked as he laid his head in my lap.
"Can you believe that we leave for Denver soon?" I shook my head at him stroking his hair.
"We're going to so far from family." He just watched me.
"I'll be there, and Arabelle when she pulls the stick out of her ass, Aspen, and think of all the new people you could meet. Amira, for the first time in your life, your going to be a normal teenager. Your parents dropping you off, getting a degree, even dating a hockey player." He tickled me making giggle. "You are not alone anymore, Amira, someone is always going to be there for you." He kissed me.
"Gunner, we're going to college." He smiled at me pulling me down into his arms and snuggling me into his chest.
"You're going to have a roommate. Does that mean I can't stay in your room with you?" I asked linking my fingers with his.
"Who cares about him. You can always come over." He put his face into my neck. "He will just have to deal with it." I smile at him and lean down to kiss his head.
"I love you." I kissed his head again. "And you are a terrible roommate." He pulled my hand into his and pulled me down to his level.
"I got to take care of my Amira." He said pulling back. I smiled at him happily.
"And you do." I stroked his hair.
"Amira, your mom is calling you." He sighed sitting up. I looked at him confused. "Kitchen." I got off the bed and walked down the stairs to find Jessa in the kitchen standing over the stove.
"Were you calling me?" I asked looking at her confused. She nodded.
"Sorry, I figured Gunner would hear. You have a visitor." She nodded to the dining room. I walked in and smiled.
"John!" I ran and jumped into his arms. "You came to visit. I missed you!" I squeezed him tightly as I felt him laugh. He put me down and looked me over.
"You look great kid. I'm so happy your okay." He smiled at me pulling his hat off and pulling it on my head. I smiled at him and smiled at Jessa who brought in a cup of coffee for him.
"Noah is sorry for being late. He should be here soon." She smiled rubbing my shoulder. I sat down as Jessa made tea.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him sitting down as Gunner came down the stairs.
"Well your father and I have been talking, he might have been able to find me a job." He smiled at me then to Gunner.
"That's great!" I smile hugging him again. Gunner came and sat down next to me grumpy. I glared at him as Jessa gave me tea. I gave my thanks as Noah came in. 
"You're early." He said sitting across from us.
"Sorry, I do like to be a bit early, saves me from being late." I looked between the two of them.
"John was saying you might have been able to get him a job." Noah looked at him quickly before smirking.
"Something like that. Amira, this is what I wanted to talk to you about. When you go to Denver, Jessa and I won't be there for you ever minute of every day. If you need to get somewhere or you need to go somewhere, or someone to protect you, John is going to be there for you." I looked over to him then back to Noah.
"Why?"
"Because I can't protect you like he can. He was trained by the military, the best of the best, and I'll know you'll be safe. He'll be here too to help you out. He is going to help renovate the room upstairs before you go."
"Daddy is this what you really want?" He put his hands over mine.
"Baby, this is what I need. I need to know that your safe. And he needs work so best of both worlds, eh?" He winked. I looked at John.
"But where is he going to stay in Denver, he's not going to stay in my the dorm right?" He shook his head.
"I'll have an apartment not far away. It's in the same building your father got your apartment in." I looked at Noah.
"My apartment?" Noah groaned.
"Haven't got there yet. Yes, we thought it was best to get one, it's also for when either your mother or I have business there too so no parties." I smiled weakly. "It's for when you just want to get away. Amira this is going to be a lot for you. So much from what you have experienced in life. I have the money and I'm going to use it for you to succeed. You don't have to go but I know you will want to. And if things don't work out with Arabelle, you can live there full time."
"I don't know, two places in one city." I said uneasy. Gunner took my hand pulling my face towards his.
"Amira, the dorms are going to get crazy, you are going to want to be comfortable in a home, with a kitchen, and laundry, and no people running around screaming." I smiled at him.
"Gunner, I'm deaf, I still can't hear them screaming." He smiled.
"Not for long, my beautiful girl. Soon you will hear our noisy world and agree with me. But this, is a good idea. I'll sleep on the couch." I blushed looking back at my parents, Noah who's glaring at him and Jessa who is smirking slightly, and nodded.
"Okay. I think I can do this."
So I totally figured out how to write one handed, well one hand and a half after shoulder surgery. After a rough semester and a rough shoulder surgery, I'm back! I miss this ❤️❤️❤️