24

"You'll be safe here." Four told me as we were nearing he destination on the train.

"I won't see Eric again." I repeated about a million times. I didn't want to leave him, I would miss him more than I'd miss food for a year.

"I'm sorry, Cassia." He apologises for nothing and I sigh. I would miss him too, he was so nice to me. "I'll come into factionless with you but ill have to leave quickly, they know me too well there." He told me but I didn't bother asking, I knew I wouldn't get an explanation this late at night.

×××××

We stumbled into their huge compound, which was slightly underground like Dauntless. Instead of it being neatly packed into different rooms, it was all one huge room.

People were making room for us everywhere until a few people stopped us. Four was blocking their view of me mostly.

"What do we have here then? The famous Tobias Eaton?" I knew that voice.

I knew that voice.

"Callan?" I called out and stood beside Four. It was Callan. He smiled at me extaticly.

"Cassia!" He chirped. "Well, I didn't expect to see you here?" He chuckled and I smiled.

"Neither did I but hey-ho, here I am." I looked down and sighed again.

"What's wrong, Cass?" He asked, pulling my head up with his hand so I was looking at him. He could see the tears. "What the hell happened?" He was asking but I couldn't speak.

"I need to talk to Evelyn." Four spoke up then and Callan looked at him weirdly. "For her benefit." He added and Callan seemed to accept his proposal more then.

×××××

"Why should I let her stay? She is only going to cause a disruption in our system." Four's mother spoke. In the last few minutes, I have learnt more about him than ever before.

His name is Tobias Eaton, his father is Marcus, this is his mother, Evelyn, leader of factionless. She was holding my fate in her hands right now.

"She has no where else, Evelyn." Four told her and she rolled her eyes.

"It's no good rolling your eyes, Evelyn. It's the truth. Either you let me stay or you don't, what's it to be?" I bluntly asked. I couldn't be asked for anymore bułłshıt at the moment.

"Cassia, let me handle this." Four warned but I argued.

"No. I'm not leaving it to the men to argue for me, Four. I can fight this myself. It's about time I move on." I retorted and he looked at me differently know. He looked at me as if he was proud of me.

"I like you Cassia, you can stay." Evelyn agreed and I nodded in thanks. "But nobody you are attached with now can come here. This is it." She warned but I understood. She wouldn't want people showing up all the time.

"Yeah, that's fine. This is it." I looked up at Four then but he was already looking at me.

"I'll let you have a minute." She informed and got up, leaving the room.

As soon as she left, it became silent again. Dead silent. It turned to Four and wrapped my arms around his waist and he wrapped his around around my upper body.

"God Cassia, I didn't think it would be so hard to say goodbye to you." He admitted which made me tear up a little. "I'll miss you Cass." He whispered into my ear and I hugged him tighter.

"I'll miss you too, Four." I croaked and he sniffled. Please don't tell me he was crying. I refused to look and we just stayed like that for a while. "Tell Eric that I love him dearly but I can't do it anymore." I was in full crying mode when I had mentioned Eric.

I pulled away then and looked at him.

"Goodbye, Four." I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from bursting into Niagra Falls.

"Goodbye, sweet Cassia." He cupped my cheek then let go, leaving me alone in silence.

It hurt me. All of this hurt. It shattered me. It pulled me apart. This was a battle between two of me and nobody could win. I would never win, ever.

"Goodbye, Eric." I mumbled to myself under my breath and sobbed away, not trying to hold back for any longer.