Chapter 58

(Muted)
I wake up and roll over to see who's in my room. I'm surprised to see Scott, Stiles, and Lydia all staring at me.
"Aren't you all supposed to be at school?"
"It's only six thirty,"Scott says.
I push the button that will call Melissa or another nurse to bring my baby. A nurse walks in and asks,"Brookelle Allison-Kennedi Hale right."
"Yep."
"I'll be back in a minute."
She comes in holding Brookelle close to her.
"Thank you."
"No problem."
"Wash your hands if you want to touch her." They all run out towards the bathrooms.
Stiles arrives back first, he pulls a chair up to the bed, and I carefully put Brookelle into his arms.
"My niece is so cute."
"Yes she is."
"Has dad seen her yet?"
"No I think he's seen a picture of me holding her."
Scott and Lydia walk back in and Scott steals her from Stiles.
"Hey she's MY family."
"She might as well be mine too. Remember we're brothers now."
"This isn't over Scott."
"Yes it is."
"Neither of you were here when they were doing the surgery that let Brookelle be here."
"And you were?"
"Yeah the whole time. It was before your fight with the berserkers."
Lydia takes Brookelle from Scott after he holds her for about ten minutes.
"So Lydia did Derek give you money and my list."
"Yeah it's at my house. I'll bring it to the loft later."
"When will you be able to go home,"Stiles asks.
"Melissa says today or tomorrow because werewolf healing worked some magic."
"We should probably get going,"Scott says.
Scott hugs me, so does Stiles, and Lydia.
Brookelle opens her big blue eyes and smiles. The one person I never expected to show up suddenly walks in.
"Hey Peter what's up."
"Did Derek tell you about Kate?"
"No.."
"She stole all 117 million dollars from the vault,"Peter says pulling up a chair.
I stare wide eyed at him.
"Can I hold her?"
"Sure."
I lay her in his arms and he smiles.
"She's lucky she looks more like you and not like Derek."
"Ha ha,"I say sarcastically.
My dad walks in and says,"Hey sweetheart."
"Well I'll see you later."
"See ya Peter."
"Hi dad."
"I came to see my granddaughter and there's a triple homicide."
"Seriously."
"Yep. Now let old Papa Stilinski hold his grandbaby."
I hand Brookelle to him and I see her eyes turn gold.
"So she's a werewolf. How?"
"I was bitten and Derek was born a werewolf, so she has the gene from both of us."
"What's her middle name, because Lydia texted saying meet Baby Brookelle?"
"Allison-Kennedi. She told me about that after she sent them."
"She's truly precious and literally one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. Next to you and Stiles of course."
"Me, yes. Stiles, no."
"Hey Amethyst, do you feel well enough to go about 7 or 8 tonight,"Melissa asks popping in the room.
"Yeah the healing kinda worked its magic. Is Brookelle well enough to come with me?"
"Yes and Derek is here."
"Tell him to come in."
"I love you sweetheart. I have to go investigate this family murdering axe murderer."
"Love you too, dad."
Derek walks in as my dad walks out and Derek says,"So I brought your car here, put her in it, brought you an outfit, got Brookelle's clothes and all her stuff from Lydia and put together her crib and your chair. I also got you a present."
He hands me a diaper bag that says 'Hale' in the prettiest handwriting I've ever seen.
"I love it."
"I knew you would,"he says taking Brookelle from my arms.
She begins to cry and he stands up and walks around with her, she instantly stops after she lies her head on his shoulder. I put my finger to my mouth and he realizes she fell asleep on his shoulder. He sits back down and she stirs a little but continues to sleep, I take out my phone and take a bunch of pictures.
I get a text from Melissa that says,"Is she asleep?"
Me: Yes
Melissa: When she wakes up I need you to feed her
Me: Okay I will
"Derek,"I whisper.
"What?"
"When she wakes up I have to feed her."
"Okay."
About thirty minutes later I look over and see that Derek also fell asleep.
"Aww."
I take pictures and send them to everybody. I get responses that vary from, "Soo cute" to "Haha blackmail." Well that last one was just Stiles.
After an hour, Brookelle wakes up and Derek is still asleep, so I take her from him. I grab a bottle and begin feeding her. When she finishes the bottle I burp her then I throw my brush at Derek and he jumps up.
"What was that for?"
"You wouldn't wake up."
"Why would I need to?"
"Because it's almost 10."
"Oh, what do I have to do?"
"You were supposed to go to L.A. to pick up the thing that my dad ordered for us."
"Oh yeah. I'll see you when you get home."
"Okay love you babe."
"Love you too, sweetheart."
*skip to the end of the day*
A nurse checks mine and Brookelle's vital signs and she says, "Your good to go."
"Thanks."
I change into the clothes Derek brought for me and then I dress Brookelle. After this, I strap her in her carseat, grab the diaper bag, and when I'm about to walk out the door the scent of blood and Scott enter my nose.
My phone rings and I answer.
"Lydia."
"Amethyst don't go out of your room."
"Why?"
"Sean Walcott."
And she hangs up. I hear Melissa scream and I walk outside. A person with white eyes and sharper teeth than me jumps at me.
"Leave me alone!!!,"I scream as he grabs my arm. Then I remember I can become a full wolf. I transform and growl deeply, so loud that he runs for his life. After he leaves, I go back and put my clothes back on. I run after him and see him dragging a boy to the roof and Scott chasing him.
"Melissa can you watch Brooke."
She gives me a thumbs up and I run after them. When I get to the roof the Sean guy pushes me off. I death grip the side of the building and scream. I see my shirt is ripped and my arm is pouring with blood.
The boy, also hanging off the roof, screams,"I can't hold on!"
I watch as Scott bites him to save him, then Scott comes to me, pulls me up, and says,"You reek of fear, anxiety, and blood."
"No duh. Who's he?"
"Liam."
I nod and I run back to the hospital room.
"Are you okay?",Melissa asks.
"Yeah I'm fine,"I say breathing heavily.
I take Brookelle and get in the car and go home.