Chapter 30: The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

So together, we went to his store and look for the pink olive. There's black, green, yellow, but no pink. There are red olives and some were close to pink so I patiently pick some lighter red that it's not too visible at night, you could think it is pink at first sight. I'm so desperate for my sleep, so I took the risk.

She was so happy. As soon as I placed it in front of her, she started eating it. She didn't even know it wasn't pink. It was red olives. When she was almost done, she just noticed it.

I was glad her craving was already satisfied, and she went back to sleep after brushing her teeth.

I thought I was in trouble after noticing it.

"No. I feel sleepy." I heard her tired voice, dragging me out of my short reverie.

She leans on me, and I held her waist until we get to the awaiting limo right in front of the court building. Our securities were around us, covering us from the persistent paparazzi and reporters trying to get some information regarding of the trials.

When the trials started, it became the talk of the whole magazines. "IFIG CEO's Wife Kidnapped by a most sought after bachelor and a well-known stocks investor, Jaschel James Baumgartner", and every publishing industry went crazy to get the story of the said kidnapping.

I ignored all the reporters and all the questions they have thrown to us. These people seriously have to get a life and leave us alone.

"Are you alright?" I asked my wife when she fell into silence. I'm glad she just ignored them too. I can't wait to leave New York and start our life peacefully in Italy.

Tomorrow, we will be heading Italy. I have been slacking off my work, due to many things happened these days.

Before we slide inside the limo, I saw petherós and dad surrounded with securities as they talk to some reporters. I gave them another glance before I sat beside her.

................................

"No, we are not going home until he agrees to move to Athens. It's my first grandchild!" I shook my head as I listened to my father and petherós inside the dining room. I was behind the door waiting for Elle. We were walking to the dining room for breakfast when she suddenly feels peeing. The washroom is not too far from the dining room, so I waited for her outside the washroom door when I heard voices rising occasionally.

I decided to get closer to hear what they are talking about.

We are back in Italy, and unfortunately, my parents and so were Elle's parents decided to come with us. And I didn't know they had a plan, why they insisted on coming with us.

"I know, Nick. Sit down and let's wait for them." I heard petherós responded and then a silence took over.

"What are you doing?" I heard my wife behind me and I quickly turned to look at her. She looks curious while fixing her dress.

"Nothing sweet pea," I quickly curled my hand on the small of her back and led her inside. Our close proximity is unsettling. She had gained more, but she looks more stunning to my eyes and the more I crave for her, too. I ignored the feelings when I felt my crotch slowly tightening and becoming uncomfortable as I stride.

The murmurings suddenly died down as soon as they saw us walk in.

"There they are," mom smiled and I watch my wife walk closer to mom and gave her a hug and kiss, so as my dad and her parents.

I waited for her, then pulled the empty chair beside mom and help her sit, before sitting beside her. I could feel the awkward tension filling the air. Elle doesn't seem to notice the awkward air filling the room.