Chapter 27: A Date

"A dress that zips up the back will bring a husband and wife together."

- James H. Boren

Pease Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...............................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

       It's been two weeks for supposedly a week vacation only in Athens. Lots of things happened; Natalia's successful 22nd birthday, our sudden wedding, Elle is pregnant and now, still an unknown threat to everyone, Elle's stalker. 

We had done everything we could. Dad's efficient private investigator, together with his friend's trusted investigator didn't get any lead either. 

It was frustrating and it scares me whenever she's out of my sight. But, she has a job in New York that's waiting for her and so am I. I had to go back to New York to talk to zio about the company. He finally opened it himself about selling the company to me. I have been waiting for the right time.

So here we are, back in New York. 

"I'm leaving hon." I nodded and gave her a quick kiss. 

"Keep your ears with your cell phone and keep it on always, sweet pea." I reminded her, once more. Though, I know there are eyes watching her -the only option to caught whoever was stalking her- I still don't know if that stalker has ways to get into her. 

"I will. Please, stop worrying." She chuckled as she leaned over to me to give me a kiss. I pulled her waist closer to me and deepened the kiss. It was hard to let her go to work without me.  

Although dad and petheros decided to pay someone to watch her the whole time, I couldn't force myself to feel calm and confident.

When she left, I heaved a loud sigh. I can't seem to be at peace. I decided to call zio and meet him in his place to talk about the company. 

........................................

Eleanor Pallos Petropoulis' POV

        I was so excited to see my friends. It's weird because I used to drive to my place. Now, I was driven by one of Nicolai's minions and also few securities in tow, courtesy of my dad. I know, that stalker had erupted chaos in both my family and Nico's family. 

They were so paranoid whenever they don't see me around them. I can't blame them because I myself was terrified, especially  now, I'm carrying our baby. 

When the SUV stops in front the Baumgartner building, I bounced out of the SUV and headed straight to the entrance with a wide smile. I didn't notice where the SUV went or the securities headed. I greeted every employee I met on my way to the elevator and decided to see JJ first. I thought to call uncle Jude for dinner tonight to tell them the good news. I felt guilty for not inviting them, but it was impossible because the wedding was impromptu. 

I hope he's not upset like JJ. Sometimes, that guy is overdramatic, but I know he will forgive me right away, once I said sorry to him. He's always the sweet big brother to me. 

As soon as I reach his floor, I walk past several cubicles as I greeted each one, then headed to JJ's office. I saw her secretary, Mary.

"Is he here?" I smiled at her. She looks exhausted and weary. I can't contain my curiosity. She looks like she's having a problem. Probably her family. Mary is a married woman with two sons. She's already at her mid-thirties, but still looking vibrant and good looking.