Chapter 24: Family Reunion

"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

- Friedrich Nietzche

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...........................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

"I need to see her now dad, mom." I insisted. "You are not going to let me sleep alone tonight without her!" I growled, pacing back and forth in our living room.

"You know the Pallos wanted her alone tonight, right son?" my dad said. I've been sulking for almost three hours. After breakfast, they told me we will all go to the Pallos' mansion. And then all of a sudden, they told me we will all go there tomorrow.

"I know that!" I couldn't contain myself but to snap at my dad, and I'm acting like a kid. "I don't want to go to sleep without her tonight." I declared firmly.

"Why not?" Mom asked. I know I've been acting like a brat since an hour ago. Everyone was so happy to see me. All my grandparents are here, except papa Sergio, since he is very ill. He doesn't want to go on a plane. I know they wanted to have time alone with me after missing me for two long years, so as the Pallos to Elle.

And honestly, I know it may sound ridiculous, but I can't think properly if she's separated with me. I need her so I can function well.

Both this family are exasperating. Can't they spend time with us? "Because I don't wanna be separated with her anymore mom. We've been living in together in New York and ..." I look at dad and mom, and my other siblings sitting on the couch, staring at me waiting for my words.. Mom, dad and I was on our feet arguing. "She's pregnant!" I lied.

"You've gotta be kidding me? You two only started living in, in just a week!" Dad exclaimed. So he was spying on us too? Great!

Why would I be surprise, right?

"Dad, you only took mom once, and she got pregnant right away!" I furrowed my forehead and mom's face reddened. Dad looks at mom sheepishly and I grinned inwardly. Nice retort, Nico! I know their story since grandma told me when I was in high school. The doubts I had why he had to work far away, for five long years and not even once he came to visit me. "See dad, I didn't just inherited your face, I even inherited your sperm? A one-shot sperm!" I proclaimed bluntly.

"NICO!" Mom shrieked. Dad grinned broadly like a fool.

"God, I'm a grandma?" Addy widened her eyes in disbelief.

"Yes." Dad made a fist pump and mom glares at him. "I miss holding a baby, babe." Dad gave mom a puppy dog eyes and it really cringed me how these two acting like a teens lovey-dovey.

"Babe, we are too young to have a grandkids already!" Mom pouted.

"Agapi mou, we are indeed old. And don't worry, you maybe look older, but you still smell fresh and you know? A bit sour on the side, but that's the thing, you always made me feel excited.." Dad wrapped his hands around mom and all of us grunted. Here they are again... I bet the ants are starting to march to our mansion, right now.. So sweet and cheesy!

"Alright, I will see you all later." I said not wanting to see more of mom and dad's irky romance and decisively headed out to see Elle. I missed her already.

"Hey!" Grandpa stood up. I stop and look at him questionably. "Who says you're going alone. We are all going, and set this wedding before her bump is visible.." He added on and walk to my direction.