Chapter 17: Déjà vu

A/N: Please check the picture above ⬆️, credit goes to krutij for the awesome collage!!! These are the characters of my EBS Series.. Please do check it out if you haven't read them all...

"The water is clear, but your wrist is stained. Your face says happy, but your eyes says pain ..."

- Unknown

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

"Mr. Petropoulis-" I heard the lady host called my attention behind me, so I stood up to meet the agent whom I didn't get a chance to ask her name. I pasted a smile in my face to leave a friendly impression, since I know when I gave them a neutral look, I get them intimidated.

When I came to see her face to face, I felt like the world stops, and everything faded ... and then, there's only us.

"Elle?" I mumbled and felt that dejavu upon seeing her again. My heart beats like a drum and for two years, I felt alive again. All my blood rush through my heart, and pumping so hard inside. My dead inside, suddenly resurrected upon seeing the face I've been missing for a while, the face I've been dreaming every night to see and hold.

Damn, I felt suddenly fall into a deep abyss and then I couldn't pull myself back up. The confidence of winning her back was now slipping away as I stared to the new Elle standing in front of me.

The people surrounding us dispersed from my vision and there's only her.

"Nicolai?" She mumbled and hearing her saying my name is just overwhelming. We even forget the presence of the lady host who was patiently waiting for us.

"Well, Prim will be your waiter." Was all she said when she noticed I guess that none of us were initiating a move to sit.

We were just staring at each other and, shock is plastered in our faces, then morphs into an unknown emotions. It feels like we stared for along time, but it wasn't. It's just that, that feeling of longings, love and adoration rushes to your blood when you see your love after a long time, it felt like everything is slow moving.

She sat across me and now her face is skillfully mask with any emotions. Void emotions was plastered in her stunning face. She doesn't look a bit of the Elle I know.

She has this classy timeless look. With a straight bob cut hair, no traces of waves, her dirty blonde is now dyed with darker shade of brown making her look more glamorous. No glasses as well. I'm guessing she learned to wear contacts.

Just wow.

I was so surprise.

The way she carries herself, is far from the simple Elle two years ago. My eyes surreptitiously scanned her. She's wearing a green pencil cut, top with an sleeveless white button down shirt, neatly tucked in her skirt.

She had grown up stunningly, and it felt surreal seeing her again, with different aura.

Gone the sweet innocent one, here she is, the fierce; classy Elle.

She looks so successful and so confident.

I'm not surprised. She's smart.

I felt like it's going to be a challenge to win her over, but no matter what, it's going to be worth a fight. I've gone too far just to let her go. Not this time.