Chapter 23

Despite the levels they conquered as a team, Peter and the ghostbusters have emerged victorious from the dangerous obstacles as they are facing Cazzar, formerly Dr. Isaac Reynolds. However, another confront emerges from the pyramid from the gashes of the building, so they arrive at Shandor, spook central, also known as Gozer's temple. After the drastic battle against the fiend, the boys ascend to the top floor even though a flight of stairs nearly exhausted them beyond their efforts. Egon tilts his head to the direction he was heading to despite the fallout with Cazzar dropping the amulet to release Gozer. The boys receive a message from the Mysterious CariDee to verify the location of Gozer based on the political map of New York City.

"Yes," Peter asked.

"Boys, where are you, I'm at Spook Central searching for Gozer, do you hear me?" CariDee asked them.

"CariDee, how did you?" Ray asked. 

"I battled the gargoyles to reclaim my flying broom, and they were fiery at that time. As I was saying, where are you?" she quoted. 

"Well Cari, we're at the eightieth floor, and we got dehydrated in the middle of ascending the steps. I mean we have a majority of the broken grounds to cover during our ghost hunt here." he stated.

"Did you boys catch Cazzar?" she recommended.

"Yes we do, he's in the trap. All thanks to our electron streams assigned by Glenwich." Ray replied.

"Unfortunately, the messenger releases Gozer the Gozerian into our world." Egon added.

"This is terrible as I suspected." CariDee stated.

"Cari, did you find any potency possessing the amulet itself?" he asked.

"Frankly, I have discovered the broken pieces of Cazzar's amulet. Theoretically, the gatekeeper and the keymaster had awarded him this to conjure demonic spirits like Gozer from his choosing to plot destruction here in New York. Only you four can stop Gozer and seal the portal of the ghost world linking with our world." CariDee replied.

"I thought so, maybe we can note where they are." Egon agreed, for the next threat of society might impact according to the areas. The boys arrive at the gallery of the main building, for painted walls stare at the four spookily due to the point of desisting the supernatural from plaguing their planet. 

"Guys, do you think this art exhibit seemed a bit...far.." Ray suggested. 

"Far off? Far off nothing." Peter stated stubbornly. 

"Wait, it is far off. I'm thinking Gozer is out there with reinforcements." Winston responded. 

"Agree, we need to examine this area immediately." Egon stated, despite the evidence he picked up from his PKE meter's red signal. 

The boys scrutinize for a different gateway to the pyramid until Ray bumps his head on the table. Egon investigates the bookshelves with different art materials in chronological order, for he witness purple when his PKE meter flashes a blue color. Winston knocks on the tables to find a convenient witness inside. Peter studies a painting on an easel, yet he couldn't tell who painted the masterpiece. Crack! A vase, decorated with a tree of cherry blossoms, shatters into pieces as Ray ogles at the piece of paper on the ground. He unveils the folding and reads the blood handwriting on the stained paper, for they infer on the hidden message behind the art museum and the paints. An artist painted himself on the easel, for Egon detects the signal from his PKE meter the ghost behind the painting. The artist snarls at the boys and throws the finished painting at Peter's face as the easel munches it.