Chapter 18

Although the stakes increased when the city undergoes a catastrophic and phantasmic siege, the boys  return to school to resemble their fallout based on the Mandala they've studied with Principal Glenwich, CariDee, and Janine based on the Ghostbusters' first visit to his dungeon.  First, they drive back to their firehouse to transfer the ghosts they have captured into the containment unit. Principal Glenwich studies the handwriting of the Gozerian codex to prove the abnormal existence of the creature. However, Hunter College high school is condemned due to the authorities of the Paranormal Contracts Oversight Commission. 

"Jonathan, what troubles you?" CariDee asked, shuffling her cards. 

"I'm aware Cazzar has ruined everything we promise, and his shenanigans cause our students to drop out even our staff." Glenwich explained. 

"You still had me and the boys." Janine replied, "besides, being a receptionist is one thing I enjoyed most." 

"I appreciate you comment Janine, but it doesn't solve the problem of the existence of Cazzar and the school's shut down." Glenwich responded. 

"I understand why your school has undergo probation, but this is our opportunity to stop Cazzar from summoning Gozer to our world creating apocalypse yet again. When time crawls on, taking on a new generation of a spectral catching team, we can rely on two things. Our apprentices and the equipment." CariDee stated. 

"Speaking of apprentices, here they come now." Janine pointed out as Egon and the other ghostbusters approach to her desk. 

"It seems we have picked up the first portion of the mandala, for we have visited his dungeon and confront two distorted ghosts." Egon responded. 

"You capture two ghosts. Excellent, now we know Cazzar is actually augment his works so he can summon Gozer. It's a good thing you four didn't cross the streams." Glenwich replied. 

"This mandala seems mysterious when I first catch a glimpse of it." CariDee agreed, "what kind of two ghosts you captured?" 

"We have caught Marietta, he has a mind of a child and puppeteer strings that could kill. He wants us to play a game, so we use our equipment attached with the boson darts to capture him while counting to ten." Peter responded, "we also catch another ghost that lifts tombstones in sight and came out from a black coffin called the Mortician, he's the brother of another ghost the Spectral Exterminators fought known as Death." 

"Also, we investigate the full mandala, and within it, we will analyze his location based on this talon we found." Egon replied, revealing to CariDee the black talon. 

"Since you boys shut down the first location, our second location to where we find Cazzar is our school." CariDee agreed. 

"Wait, our school?" Peter scowled. 

"Correct, if Cazzar infected the sites from New York, he infected our school as well." CariDee stated, "first and foremost, in order to defeat him, you must take the three tests I assigned you. The test of confidence, the test of accuracy, and the test of convergence. Rationally, these tests happen to an assistant of mine before she transitions to catching a ghost she lessens with. I've been doing some research about Gozer for my storied career. Since you boys are more than capable of desisting the felon, you are ready for the tests I'll be providing you inside the school. Meet me there in one hour." She pulls in her disappearing smoke bomb and tosses it to the ground making herself vanish. 

The boys cough and clear away the gloomy fog surrounding their sight, so Egon accepts her offer and turns his head to his fellow Ghostbusters, Janine, and the principal for support. The boys exit from the firehouse to settle their tests given by the Mysterious CariDee even Slimer wants to tag along. Winston starts ecto-1 after CariDee announced the tests to the boys; despite the ghost catching records, the Ghostbusters know what to do. Egon's PKE meter flashes a new color of yellow for an ally