Chapter 7

Meanwhile, later, at Egon's house. Egon, in his regular clothes, reads the seventh chapter of the book in his bedroom of his house, and someone knocks on his dove white wooden door knowing Janine came to hang out. He glances and opens the door allowing her inside.

"I understand how you felt towards the death of your mentor. Have you?" Janine queried, sitting next to him.

"Yes, but not anymore. The experiences I have learned from her makes us feel we can eliminate supernatural terror. With her motivation, we can stop Gozer before the end of the world strikes." Egon stated despite the images he briefly studied. 

"I see, so this book you're reading keeps you on track on any ghosts. I believe this was the case when you and the others capture two ghosts inside the public library based on the newspaper article from New York Times." she stated. 

"So, you have it all figure it out." he commented and sits down in his desk writing the description of the Black Slime Plague in his red 90-page notebook to note more on the potential threat that can linger through the bodies of the innocent. 

"I'm well aware of the things you mentioned." Janine replied, leaning towards him giving a kiss on the left cheek. 

His eyes ogle when he feels the tender kiss from Janine, so Egon notices her reputation. Janine leaves his room giving Egon time alone to investigate the reason behind the pandemic. Egon uses his microscope to skim the microbes of the black slime plague, and he listens to the news on the radio stating a suspicious apparition activity going on. He doffs his regular clothes and into his ghostbusting gear; in addition, he turns on the head lamp from his desk and researches for the necessary information based on his unlikely discovery he shared with Ray. Restlessly, the redhead works all night to share with the others deeply. He falls asleep after a long research and hearing the news simultaneously despite the time of evening the odds with the apparitions Egon and his friends battled. The plague disease exits from the microscope and escapes from the back window; indeed, things go bump in the night since people today believe in ghosts. On a Saturday morning, Ray, Peter, and Winston, in their exact ghostbusting gear, enter Egon's house to chat with him. As the three climbed the staircase into the white door with the sign saying 'Egon's room', Winston knocks on the door. 

"Egon, open up it's us." Winston shouted. 

"Maybe he's in a deep sleep." Peter guessed. 

"No, he has researched all night to learn about the Black Slime Plague. Based on the research we picked up, it can potentially kill off in an estimate of 25-60 million people." Ray explained. 

"Black Slime Plague, isn't that the plague that struck in the mid-1880s?" Peter guessed, but Winston slapped him back in the head because he guessed it incorrectly, "Yeow! Winston, what did you do that for?" 

"It's called the 'Black Slime Plague.'" Winston corrected him. 

"Whatever!" Peter scowled folding his arms together, and he draws out a garbage can top with a wooden spoon, "I got an idea, let's give Egon a wake up call." 

Egon wakes up and expeditiously stop Peter from hitting the trash top with a wooden spoon, "no wake-up calls!" 

"Ah, Egon, you're awake I see." Ray responded to him. 

"Well Ray, to tell you the truth, I've been fully up since last night." Egon answered, revealing to the others the notes of them Black Slime Plague, which he jotted down yesternight. Egon returns to his room and realizes the sample of the Plague has scampered away, "that's strange, the sample is supposed to be here in my microscope minutes ago." 

"It appears the sample is gone." Ray replied. 

"What's next? The Black Slime Plague poisoning innocent people?" Peter queried until they hear a cry for help from the 10th block, so he and the others scamper downstairs to the front door.