017

"What?"

"Oh my gosh Natália. I don't want to repeat myself again." My sister said on the phone.

"Why do you want me to? Like, why now?" I asked her.

"Because I miss you, that's all. And I talk to the kids about you and they want to meet their awesome auntie."

I sigh and scratched my neck. "I don't know. I-"

"Please. I'll pay for everything." She said pleading.

I thought about it for a while and nodded. Then I remembered that she couldn't see me so I said,

"Yes."

"OK! So I'll go and purchase your ticket. Then they'll send you more info to your email. Thanks sis."

"Thanks." She then hang up. I sigh and got up from my chair.

My sister wants me to go visit her in England. I don't know why but I guess I'll find out when I get there.

Wait, how did she get my number?

I decide to call her back to ask her. But she didn't pick up.

I sigh and charged my phone. I walk to the living room and took a seat on my worn out couch. I sigh one more time as I look at all the paper work on my coffee table.

Mr. Armando has a lot of meetings this week so I scheduled appointments on my planner. Then I completed forms that are due on Monday.

Ruby got on the couch next to me and rubbed her nose on my shirt. "Hey there. Hungry?" She whined and I got up and put food on her bowl. I went back to the living room and finished my work.

......

At work on Monday it was the same thing that I do everyday. Maintain files, arrange appointments, reply to messages, answer phone calls and so on.

It was my lunch break and now that I have enough money to buy lunch in the cafeteria, I decided to go to there to try one of the lunches they have.

I paid for my salad and tuna sandwich, orange juice and left.

"Natália!"

It was Mark he was seating with a few other guys eating.

I smile and started walking towards them.

"Hey." I say to everyone. They waved and said 'hey' back.

"Why don't you sit with us?" Mark asked.

I shook my head. "I can't. I have work to do. Another time, yeah?" He nodded. I said bye and left the cafeteria.

.....

Mr. Alaric seemed to be a in a bad mood today. He came later than usual. I wonder what happened.

It was time for me to go home and I was going to Mr. Alaric's office to ask him if I could take a week off to visit my sister.

I put everything in my bag and locked my office. I said bye to Jenna and walked to Mr. Alaric's office.

Knock knock

"Come in." He growled.

I opened the door and walked in. He was going through the files I gave him an hour ago. He didn't bother look up to see who came in to see him

"Hello, sir."

At the sound of my voice he stopped writing for a while then he went back to writing.

"What do you want?" He growled again.

What is up with him?

I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear nervously. "Well, I just wanted to ask you if I could take a week off to-"

"No."

I was stunned. He's never been so rude to me before.

"But it's -" I tried again.

"I said no and that's final. I have a trial coming up and you have a lot of work to do. You can't be missing work days."

I kind of understand where he's coming from but I'm also mad. He's probably doing this because of what happened in Miami.

I decided to speak up. "Are you doing this because of what happened in Miami?"

He put his pen down and sigh. He ran his hands through his face. "Miss Teixeira. I have a lot of work to do. So please, stop with this nonsense." I was about to say something but he beat me to it. "And you're right about what you said in Miami. I'm your boss and you're my secretary. We should keep it professional." He got up and started putting his jacket on. Then he decided to make it worse. "Plus you're not even that pretty or my type. Y-"

I cut him off. "Okay. I get it." I look at him one more time and left his office.

On my way to the bus stop I kept thinking about his words.

Plus you're not even that pretty or my type.

Why did his words hurt so much?

.....

Do you guys want me to write an Alaric POV? If you want me to, it's going to be really short.

5 votes and 5 comments for another update!!!

Sorry for grammatical errors. 💮💯