009

As Jenna drove into the clearing, I saw the cabin standing right in the middle of it. It was covered in snow. There was a too big chimney on top of it and a cold breeze brushed through the woods around me and over the clearing the smell of pine and woodsmoke pinched my nose. It smelled sharp in comparison to the clear winter air around me but also kind of agreable. It made me want to go straight into the cabin and warm my hands by the fire inside.

We both get out of the car and right when we were outside I wished I had brought a thicker jacket. It was really cold and I wanted to go inside. Fast!

We took our bags and walked to the doorway. I saw three other cars in the drive way. The door was open and we both walk inside the warm cabin.

"We're here!"

"Oh Jenna, my love!" A woman walked towards us and hugged Jenna tight. She kissed both of her cheeks and then she saw me. She smiled and hugged me too. "You must be Natália. Mark told me a lot about you."

Mark? He's here?! Wait... Does that mean mark is Jenna's boyfriend?

"Its very nice to meet you." I said.

"Call me Camille please." She laughed. Then she turned around and yelled. "BOYS! THE GIRLS ARE HERE."

A few moments later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

I saw Mark first and then an older man who has a few gray hairs on his head. He was a few inches taller than Mark. Then behind him is Mr. Alaric and hes- Wait! Mr Alaric?

Oh yeah. He's Mark's brother. Of course.

"Hey babe." Mark kissed Jenna on the lips and then opened his arms wide open for me to hug him. I roll my eyes playfully and hugged him while laughing.

"You two know each other?" Jenna asked us.

"Yeah." Mark answered. "We went to college together."

Her mouth formed into an 'o' and she nodded.

Mark's dad walked towards us with a smile on his face.

"Ryan. Nice to meet you."

I look at Mr Alaric and he gave me a small wave. I waved back awkwardly.

"Okay!" Mrs. Armando clapped her hands. "Why don't you two go unpack and take a nap if you have to. I know the drive here was long and tiring. I'm going to start preparing dinner. I am making homemade pizza." She said while looking at Mark.

"Yes!" He cheered loudly. We laughed at him and we took our bags while he showed us our rooms. Mark and Jenna were sharing and my room was across from theirs.

I put my bags on the floor and smiled happily. This is beautiful. I plopped down on the soft bed and sigh happily.

.......

I woke up from a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said groggily.

"Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes." Someone said. I look up to see Mr. Alaric.

"Oh, thank you."

"No problem." He smiled and then closed the door softly.

I rubbed my eyes and got up. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face. I put my messy hair in a bun and walked downstairs.

The smell of crisp baked bread with warm melting mozzarella cheese and sweet rich ripe tomato sauce filled my nose and I smiled happily and walked downstairs.

Everyone was already seated at the table. There was one seat left and it was one across Mr. Alaric's. I took a seat and waited for the pizza.

"Did you sleep well?" Mr. Armando asked me as he passed me the bowl of salad.

"Yes I did." I said back. I gave it to Alaric once I was done. A minute later Mark and his mom came with the pizzas. They looked so yummy.

While eating dinner Mark and his dad kept making us laugh, especially Mark.

Mr. Alaric and I were both pretty quiet. We didn't talk much. He would glance at me every now and then. I wonder why.

After dinner I offered to help Camille with the dishes but she wouldn't let me. So I asked if I could give myself a tour of the house. She said yes.

They had two Jacuzzis upstairs in the attic. It was a very nice room.

I went back to my room so I could go get my towel and robe. I was going to take a bath.

I put a robe on and went upstairs. I made a bubble bath and then got in the bath tub. I put my hair up and relaxed.

A few minutes later, the door swung open and it startled me. I quickly covered my chest and look at the door.

Mr. Alaric was standing there with a towel around his waist. His eyes were wide. Like he didn't expect me to be here.

"Oh- I'm sorry. I didn't know you were in here."

I didn't hear what he was saying because I found myself in awe of his hard, lean frame as he stood in a towel before me. I tried to tear my gaze from the pale outline of his magnificent form, but it was no use, and his handsome features shifted into a knowing grin as he caught me staring.

I snapped out of it and said, "oh it's fine. I'll just go."

He shook his head. "Oh no don't. You were here first. Stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I nodded and he walked out. I let out a sigh of relief. A few minutes later I got out of the tub and put my robe on and walk to my bedroom.

I put on my PJs and walked downstairs. The lights were off. Everyone must be sleeping. I walked to the kitchen and saw a dim light. Mr. Alaric was seating on the counter facing the fridge. He was typing on his laptop.

He looked up when he saw me. I couldn't help but think that he looked handsome.

"Hey." He said and went back typing on his laptop

"Hi."

"Can't sleep?"

"No, I'm just here to have something to drink." He nodded and kept typing.

I open the fridge and pulled the pitcher out. I took a cup from the cabinet and poured water in it. I drink all of it and then put the pitcher back in the fridge. I turn around to see Mr. Alaric staring. When he saw that he was caught he cleared his throat and went back to typing, but this time on his phone. It was an IPhone 5s. "Good night." I said as I walk back upstairs.

"Night."

......

Sooooo.... Hi :)