0.14

authors note- I'm on season five of the vampire diaries and I'm on the episode of Bonnie's funeral. I'm actually crying. like wtf vampire diaries, I just wanted to watch my friend on tv and now I'm emotionally involved😂 (see other authors note at the end of the chapter)

Justice:

"Mom!" I yell when I walk in

The house is trashier than usual. I don't see Mark anywhere.

"Justice?" my mom calls

"Mom it's me!" I call

She runs up to me and holds me, sobbing and kissing my head.

"I was so worried." she sobs

"You were?" I ask

"I'm so sorry for all the hell I've put you through." she cries, "I've been a terrible mom."

"No mom, it's okay. You were grieving." I say

"No, it's not okay. I should have put you first when your dad disappeared, instead I abandoned you. I'm so sorry." she cries

"It's okay mom. We'll get through it." I say, "What happen to Mark?"

"I kicked him out. When you went missing, I made him leave. It was a wake up call for me." she says, "Wait- what happen to you? Where were you? You aren't pregnant, right?"

"No mom, I'm not pregnant. I um... I needed a break." I say almost too quickly

"Then what happen to your arm? Is that Black boy hurting you? You've lost a lot of weight. Not that you needed too." she says checking my arm.

"No mom. Jake is amazing. He's... perfect. I hurt it while cliff diving. Dr. Cullen stitched it up for me and I've been staying with Jake. He's been taking care of me." I explain

"I'm glad someone has." she says quietly

"It's okay mom. Let's just get caught up again, yeah?" I ask

"Of course baby." she says pushing the hair out of my eyes.

"I'm going to go change into pjs." I say

"Have you eaten?" she calls as I climb the stairs.

"Yes. I had dinner at Emily Young's house." I call back

I change into my leggings and Jake's sweatshirt that I stole from him. Then I call Jake.

"What's wrong?" he says, picking up immediately.

"Nothing." I laugh, "My mom is back to being my mom. Mark is gone. But if my mom asks, I screwed up my arm cliff diving."

"That's good." he says, his voice easing up, "I still wish you were here with me. I like you living with me more than this."

"I know. I prefer your bed more than mine." I laugh

"Wow. You only love me for my bed." he laughs, sarcasm dripping through the phone.