Version 2 Chapter 2

Începe de la început

"Can you keep playing?" You rubbed your eyelids, still beyond tired, but the sound of the instrument playing was rather pleasant to listen to, even if you didn't know what it was.

He looked down from his instrument back to yours, cyan eyes wide "Wha-"

"The instrument... Could you please keep playing it?" You smiled softly at the blond. He felt surprised (as surprised as a nobody could be) that you actually wanted him to keep playing... But... It was in a good way he thought... You pulled yourself up slightly against the tree. The boy's focus turned back to his instrument and the first notes began to sound out. Maybe you were only acting like this because you thought it were a dream... Maybe it was just the loneliness finally taking a hold of you and you craved some form of companionship... You dozed off peacefully with his strumming lulling you to sleep. For some reason you knew that your sleeping hours wouldn't be haunted by any flashbacks or strange dreams.

~~~~~~~~

"Oh! It's getting dark out!" The pleasant strumming ceased and your eyes fluttered open once more, your glazed eyes drifting in and out of consciousness. The boy saw this and he sent his instrument away.

"Get on. You don't look that heavy..." Oh at least he hoped. He wasn't a muscleman like Lexaeus, and he definitely didn't want to go dropping you. Who else would appreciate his music then? You pulled yourself onto his back with the strength of a mighty koala baby, and clung onto him instinctively. He felt himself feeling a bit warm inside, listening to the slow rhythm of your heart, it was like your heart was giving warmth to the place where his should've been... Also, the way you clung to him so quickly to him regardless if he was a stranger, well no one around him ever really did that to him- hell they didn't even like to treat him very well. They loved to mock him, and just treat him badly in general. It wasn't really his fault that he didn't like to fight, all he really wanted to do was play his sitar all day, but everyone just called him annoying and told him to stop. You may have been the first person to actually encourage him to play it... Which may be why he was going the distance to make sure you got back safely, after all he was rather lazy... But then again he knew well that the dark was never a safe place, perhaps better than others might.

Emerald

"It's not safe to be out here alone, especially when its late at night, got it memorized?" The redhead taps a gloved hand to his temple, while you can only tilt your head in confusion. Who the heck besides a burglar or something wears a cloak like THAT? It's beyond suspicious.

"Is as safe as talking to a stranger?" You shoot back, feeling cranky and irritated after that nap. Who the hell did this guy think he was to tell you it wasn't safe. You weren't a child and you didn't need this.

"Touche." He chuckled and took a step closer to you "So what're you doing out here anyways?"

"Maybe the same thing as you. Maybe I just want a moment to myself?" The last part sounded more like he asked himself the question, not really you.

"You're asking me?" Considering you didn't talk to that many people here you were having quite a back-up supply of sass present. And you weren't sure why but there was something about this guy that was just asking for you to sass him... Maybe it was his I'm-too-cool-to-care attitude... He definitely had that vibe around him. You stared into his emerald eyes with your own owlish eyes. He was the one who broke the silence."Ch. You wouldn't understand even if I told you." He only shook his head, making you blink a few times in response.

"Try me."

"As much as I'd like to- you're not ready yet."

Your eye twitched in annoyance. The very first time you open yourself up to someone in this damn academy, to a stranger no less, and he keeps treating you like you were some kid who wants to play dress up in mommy's closet! Then again you don't really remember seeing him around... You're pretty sure you would remember someone like him, with red hair like that, and his bright green emerald eyes as well. Would it really be possible to miss someone who looked like that? Another silence settled while you tried to figure out whether or not he would've been in one of your classes throughout the day.