Chapter Sixteen

Updated on: 12/28/15
Edited on: 12/28/15

Priya's P.O.V

Today was the day. My very first prenatal appointment. I was excited and nervous at the same time. The gynecologist said that I might be able to see a small form inside my body through ultrasound. Even if I was excited, I was also really calm. Weird, isn't it? It's the hormones. But Vihaan? As he sat next to me in the clinic, his foot kept tapping the floor and he kept checking his watch impatiently.

"Why hasn't she called us yet? It's 10:15 and our appointment was at 10:00!" He said anxiously. Meanwhile, I was drinking my third bottle of water. I couldn't wait until the ultrasound was finished.

"Relax Vihaan, she's not going to run away from us! Everything happens late in India, so get used to it." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. Then the receptionist called us over.

"You may go in now." The receptionist said.

We walked in to the room and the lady asked us to take a seat.

"Dr. Sinha?" Vihaan clarified.

"Yes, I am Dr. Sinha. And you must be Vihaan." She said.

"Yes Doctor. This is Priya." He said, introducing me.

"Hello Priya. How are you?" She asked me. She seemed like a very kind, soft-spoken person.

"I am doing fine Doctor, thanks for asking." I said.

"Now Priya, I know you must be anxious about this first appointment. Let me tell you that I can answer all of your questions so please ask them."

I asked about my morning sickness and any other symptoms that I might be facing in the first trimester. All of the other questions were asked by Vihaan.

"Ms. Priya, you are truly lucky to have a father for your child like Vihaan." She said once we were done with the session.

I looked at Vihaan and took his hand in mine.

"I am Doctor. I truly am."

"Would you like to see your baby?" She asked.

"Yes please."

I lied down on the table and she put a gel on my stomach. Vihaan held my hand as she rubbed the gel with a device. On the monitor, the only thing I could see was black and white. Then, suddenly, a tiny bean shaped figure was spotted.

"That's your baby." Dr. Sinha said, smiling.

Vihaan wordlessly kissed my forehead as we looked at the tiny baby that was slowly growing in me.

Then, I changed back into my regular clothes and Vihaan and I left for home, not before he picked up a list of vitamins and supplements for me to take.

"Vihaan... Itni saari davaaiyan?" (This many medicines)

"Haan, aur tum khaogi complain kare bagair" (Yes, and you'll eat them without complaining)

"Ok, fine." I sighed.

We picked up dinner on the way and soon reached home. We would've had dinner out, but Vihaan had loads of work regarding office. We were eating dinner when I suddenly remembered something.

"Vihaan,"

"Hmm." He continued typing on the laptop.

"How's Megha?" I asked. He slowly looked up and towards my direction.

"She got married to Arjun." I gasped as my eyes grew wide.

"After you left, Aunty and Uncle requested Megha to marry Arjun so his heart wouldn't be broken. Megha being the one she is agreed after all." I looked down now feeling super guilty. Megha had to marry Arjun because of me?