Chapter Six

Megha's P.O.V.

The next morning, I woke up early. I began to get ready since I had to go to the hospital. I wore my scrubs and pulled up my hair in a high ponytail. I did light makeup, picked up my bag and went downstairs. Arjun was already at the table, drinking his early morning coffee. I walked right past him ready to head outside, but then turned around when I remembered something.

"Uh... I am heading to the hospital. Tell Aunty I'll be back by evening." I told him. I stared him waiting for some sort of communication that he was listening to me, but I knew he was listening either way. I slipped on my flats and walked out the door.

Anika was waiting for me in her black Prius. I got in and she looked at me. "YOU GOT MARRIED?" she yelled, looking at my sindoor.

"Ani...it's a long story.." I said and gave her the brief version of what happened.

"So, he treats me well, but it will take some time for Arjun to adjust." I said, the lies flowing out of my mouth.

"Wow...Megha...sweetie, I hope it gets better." she said and I smiled.

"But the perk of this is that you do have a handsome hunk for a husband!" she said and I laughed along with her.

*****

After reaching the hospital, I spoke to my supervising doctor, Dr. Henry and got my patient list. I walked over to my group of friends and they stared at me in shock.

"Guys! Oh Lord! Stop with the staring! I will explain during lunch." I said and they nodded. I then headed off to the pediatric ward.

I loved kids so much. They brightened my day even when I was in a foul mood. The same applied today and time flew away until my lunch break. I went to my locker and got my lunch. I headed over to the hospital cafeteria and made my way to the table where my friends were sitting at. Maahi was a Gynecologist and very sweet and quiet. Marc was a Cardiologist and was serious and an incredible intellect. Marissa was a physical therapist, very loud and outspoken. Jay was a interning doctor who was the charmer of the group. Then there was Anika and me. Shreya was also in our group but she's in Dubai. Anika had a meeting with her interns so she would be a little late.

"Hi Guys!" I said brightly and sat down. None of them spoke a word to me. They just looked down and did whatever they were doing, totally ignoring me

"What?" I asked glancing at one to the other.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked them, confused.

Finally Jay spoke up.

"You didn't tell us you were getting married. You told us that your sister was getting married. Megha, yaar if you didn't want us there, you could've told it to our faces!" He snapped. Oh! This was the matter?

"Guys, my story is a long one. What I did tell you is the truth. I did go to India for Priya Di's marriage. But on the day of the marriage, she eloped." Mahi and Marissa gasped.

"Arjun's parents begged me to marry him, it was a matter of their status and dignity in society. So I married him, without his knowledge." I said. Jay let out a low whistle as Marc listened intently.

"Arjun was furious after finding out the truth. Now, he is at least trying to be civil with me." I said, the last part being a fib. Jay was literally a spy that was left here by Kabir bhai and Vihaan bhai to keep an eye on me here. Jay was extremely protective of me and I didn't want to tell him that Arjun was treating me like crap.

"Yaar, I am so sorry! I can't believe we misjudged you." Marissa said holding out her arms and engulfing me into a bone crushing hug.

"Really sorry Megha." Mahi said, regretfully.