Chapter Eight

Megha's P.O.V.

I woke up squinting my eyes due to the bright sun reflecting through the windows. I'd forgot to close the curtains last night. Suddenly, I felt an arm draped around my waist. My eyes travelled from the arm to beside me. I immediately jolted awake and removed the arm from my waist. I rubbed my temples. How did I get here, on the bed? Beside Arjun? I quickly kicked the sheets off of me and rushed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and splashed cold water on my face. I then took a shower and changed into a simple shalwar suit for the day. I noticed my arms were wrapped in gauze. Why don't I remember Arjun doing all this for me last night? I sat in front of the mirror and combed my hair letting them down. I took a pinch of the sindoor and applied it to my forehead. Then I went downstairs.

The house was awfully quiet. No uncle talking on the phone with business clients, no Aunty talking to friends while preparing breakfast, no Aarav and Ayaan fighting like every morning. I checked the time. What? It was 10:00? How could I have slept this long?

I noticed there was a letter sitting on the dining table. I wales towards it and picked it up. I unfolded it and started reading through it.

Megha Beta, I have gone out to the nearby mandir and also to visit some friends. Aarav and Ayaan are at college and will be back at 5:00 in the evening. Papa has gone to office and will be back only around nighttime. Divya and Jeet have gone to the doctor and also to visit Jeet's parents. We thought you were tired from yesterday's party so that is why none of us woke you up. I will be back sometime after lunch, so don't wait for me for lunch.
Love Mummyji

Oh shit! I missed nearly 3 hours of my shift at the hospital already! Damn party, Damn Nit...Nitin. Everything came back to me in a flash. But I shook it out of my head and clutched my phone tightly to call Anika so she could move my shift over when a hand suddenly grabbed my phone. I screamed. I thought nobody was home.

"Shhh! It is only me!" Arjun kept his hand out in front of him, with my phone in his other hand. What the hell was he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be in office? Arjun never misses any day of work.

"Arjun, phone vapas do." I held out my hand and indicating for him to place my phone back into my hands.

"Megha, if you are thinking of calling the hospital, I already did that and you have the day off along with the weekend." He shrugged. Wait... What?

"But what are you doing here?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Even I took a leave." He said turning away and walking into the kitchen. Arjun and Leave? That guy breathed work. He was always locked up in his home office, at his office cubicle or in the phone with one of his investors.

"Tum, aur leave?" I nearly spat our following behind him.

"Haan, The great Arjun Mehra has taken leave. Koi problem?" He spared me a glance. What's up with this guy all of a sudden?

"Haan, Haan, ek din tumhare saath akele spend karna padega... Yahi tho problem hai. (Yeah yeah, I'm going to have to spend a day alone with you. That's the problem)" I muttered under my breath rolling my eyes.

"Did you say something?" He asked, picking up an apple from the fruit basket.

"No." I said. I tried reaching for the bagel but a sudden pain in my wrists made me drop my hands down in pain. I tried again but it just hurt too much. I closed my eyes.

"Arrey Megha, kya hua? Breakfast karna nahi aata tujhe?" Arjun asked sarcastically. Ugh, I have two pains to deal with now. One, a living one and one in my skin!

"Shut it Arjun." I snapped.

"Kya hua Megha? Are you alright?" He asked, concerned. He stood up and noticed that I couldn't make my breakfast because my wrists hurt.