Chapter One

Mumbai, India

Megha's P.O.V

"Di! That is the perfect dress! You have to buy it! Arjun won't be able take his eyes off of you in this one!" I exclaimed scanning my sister from top to bottom. She was getting married in a week to Arjun. I didn't call Arjun Jiju, specifically because he hated the formal term and liked everyone to call him by his first name. He was one year older then my sister and two years older than me. Arjun was very attractive. I did have a teensy weensy crush on him the first time I saw him, but it soon went away. I knew that it was wrong to check out my sister's to be husband.

We were currently shopping in the Manish Malhotra Bridal Boutique in Mumbai. We were originally from London but Di's wedding was a destination wedding in Andaman. She had already gotten her engagement done in Mumbai and now we were shopping for outfits for the Haldi, Mehndi, Sangeet and finally the Shaadi!

Kabir Bhai was flying in from New York tonight so he would be just in time for the Haldi which was being held tomorrow. Arjun was supposed to join us in the shopping but he had an important call from one of his clients to attend to at the last minute, so he couldn't make it. So now, it was just Ma, Di and me shopping for outfits. Di didn't really need to shop for outfits as she was a fashion designer herself, but my mom still decided it was best to. She was one of the most reputed designers in the entirety of India and was in high demand of now.

For the Haldi ceremony, she found a stunning yellow and gold colored saree. It was simply beautiful and simple at the same time. For the Mehndi, ma had found a dazzling yellow and purple anarkali. Now for the sangeet, I had found the perfect outfit. It was a dark blue and silver studded saree. She looked simply stunning in it. She had just tried it on and was displaying it to us.

"Di! Come on! Why are you hesitating?" I asked her.

"I wanted something plain, and besides, this saree reveals too much." She said looking down towards her belly.

She did have a point. The blouse was a spaghetti strap blouse that was fully sequined with white stones and embellishments. The pallu (border) was semi sheer and the navel and blouse were fully visible.

"Di, you are getting married to the love of your life. It's ok. Take it! I am serious!"

*****

Priya's P.O.V

When Megha said those words, I froze. I didn't know what to say. I didn't think that what I was doing would be this serious. The truth was that I was not in love with Arjun. I never was and never would be. Arjun was a deal for me. I needed a reliable client to sponsor me and my work so I can also expand my line and have stores all around India and maybe the world also.

I was planning to expand my line from simply Indian Traditional clothes, to Indowestern outfits. But I was running short on cash. I didn't want to ask my parents because I wanted to just be Priya, not Priya Khurana. Then Arjun, his business partner, Jai Dixit saw me at the fashion show and identified me and sought me out as fresh, new talent. Arjun and I had hit it off and become good friends when he had surprised me with his proposal.

I didn't like Arjun in that sense but if I had refused him, then I could not have built such a big fashion empire all around the world. The person that I had truly fallen for was for Jai, Arjun's client and business partner. He too was one of America's eligible bachelors. Jai had reciprocated my feelings and we both went out behind Arjun's back for around 6 months. Then Arjun brought up marriage. But I couldn't leave Jai! He was the one who I truly loved. So I decided, I had to run away on the day of my marriage. Jai said he would help.

*****

Megha's P.O.V

Once Di had finished shopping, we left from there quickly as we needed a good night's sleep for the next day's functions. I woke up relatively late and it was mid morning when I woke up. My two young cousins, Vidya and Aanya who were both 16 and 18 woke me up by jumping up and down on the bed. It's not like I wasn't a morning person, I just needed my beauty sleep. It was pervious to me.