Chapter Fifteen

Updated on: 12/22/15
Edited on: 12/22/15

Megha's P.O.V.

I got ready to go to the hospital like every morning. I first brushed my teeth and then took a long warm shower to take my mind off of everything which was happening lately. I dressed into my scrubs and combed my hair into a high ponytail. I did my everyday simple makeup routine as I saw Arjun wake up and make his way to the bathroom. Before Arjun could come out of the bathroom, I decided to make a quick run. I grabbed my files and just as I was about to leave the room, Arjun's voice stopped me.

"Megha." I winced upon hearing my name from his mouth. God. Now I will have to talk to him. I stopped, but didn't turn around. I heard footsteps approaching me from the back.

"Megha, look at me." He said turning me around to face him. I didn't look up at him. I wouldn't dare to.

"Megha... I'm so sorry for everything I said to you." He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

"I... I promise you I didn't mean whatever I said." He gently tilted my chin back so my eyes bore into his now. Our eyes locked for a few seconds until I looked away and swatted his hand away.

"Arjun, I... I have to go, I'm getting late." I turned to leave.

"Megha, wait!" He called but I ran downstairs, quickly taking my breakfast and left to the hospital.

I was distracted the entire day. I forgot my stethoscope thrice when I went to see patients, forgot to attend to the pediatric ward and almost dropped a test tube filled with blood.

"Megha, why don't you take the rest of the day off?" Dr. Bill suggested. He had called me into his office after one of the nosy nurses had reported the incident with the test tube.

"Ok Doctor." I said.

"Hey, take tomorrow off also." he said.

"Doc, it's not-"

"Nonsense. You have been married for almost six months now and haven't even taken a proper vacation yet. Just take tomorrow off, sleep in. I'll have Lucy cover for you." He said.

"Thank you Doc." I said and walked out of his office. I found Arjun waiting outside.

Oh no, I can't deal with this now.

I silently crept past him and made it to the parking lot when Arjun grabbed my wrist and turned me around to face him with force so that my small body clashed into his.

"Megha listen to me once, please!" I slowly looked up at him.

"You never once even bothered to ask me why I thought that way of you. Why I doubted you and Marc. Why I got so angry at the thought of you being with him." He shook his head. Suddenly, I came to the realization also. He was right. Why didn't I ask him?

"Why?" I asked. He turned away, not wanting to make eye contact with me. I grabbed his arm and forced him to turn and look right at me.

"Why Arjun?" His eyes slowly looked up at me.

"Because I've started to love you." My lips slowly parted and my eyes widened in shock. I let go of my grip on his arm and stepped back .

"These few months we've spent together Megha..." He continued turning away from me again.

"You've given my life a new start. Our relationship started off with hatred, but slowly, we became friends and now, I've started to love you." My mouth stayed hanging open.

"I don't know how you feel about me, Megha, but I have never felt the way I feel for you about anyone else. Not even Priya." A single tear escaped my eye. Our relationship started with a forced marriage, then it changed to a pure friendship and now, he loves me?