Chapter 29: Killin' Him Softly

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright, Ms. Elle?" Brant quickly untied my legs and another guy did my hands.

"I-I am fine." My voice quivered, still feeling shocked. Eyes and cheeks still damped as I watch him untied me completely.

"Elle," I heard his voice. His voice that I missed so much. That deep and rich velvety drawl that always made me feel mushy inside. I look up to see him, not so clearly since the tears seems a torrent cascading down my cheeks.

"Nico," I quickly stood up and ran to him. My voice shaking and so my body. Relief suddenly envelops me. Nico hugs me tightly like I'm going to vanish into thin air. The kind of hug that makes you feel secured and home. I could feel the terror he felt just by his hold. I can feel it.

"Ohh.. sweetpea. I thought I'm going to lost you forever. I was so terrified." He murmured as he tightened his hold. Air is non-existent in our gap. I felt his lips constantly pressing on my head. My hands still draped around him, and I don't want to let him go, just yet.

"WHERE IS THAT ASSHOLE?" I pulled myself away from him and saw theios Rafael looking deadly as he stormed inside with that lethal aura.

"LOOK AROUND AND FIND HIM, DEAD OR ALIVE!" I thought I just lost my hearing with the intensity of his voice. I saw Nico's eyes turns menacing and I felt suddenly terrified with JJ's life. I know he kidnapped me, but he's sick.

He is not in his right mind. And I could see that theios or Nico would kill him without a doubt.

"Please, let me go." I heard JJ's begging.

I quickly look behind me and saw JJ was being dragged down by two burly men.

"Bring her out and watch her," he ushered me to Brant and he nodded. Nico pinned him with his ominous eyes and I saw Brant looking terrified. "Watch her, again. If anything happened to her, I'll snap your head off, understood?" Nico uses his controlled undertone but filled with menace.

Brant nodded too quickly and led me outside. I wanted to object, but I was too weak. My head was still spiraling with the thoughts of JJ going to face theios and Nico's wrath.

Before we reach the door, I found my voice. "Nico, get your ass here, God dammit! You are not doing anything against him. Let the authority do their job." I screamed as I flail and thrash myself out of Brant's hold.

"Miss Elle, let's go." Brant said firmly and trying to restrain me.

"Don't you dare touch me," I snapped at him and he shook his head, not knowing who is he going to obey.

"NICO," I roared, ignoring the lightheaded slowly attacking me. I needed him to get out from that room and do nothing against JJ. "NICO," I called again and stormed inside and trudge down along the hallway, which I didn't know it exists. I heard faint voices and then it simultaneously raises, and I knew those voices.

JJ and theios Rafael.

"NICO!" I screamed and then headed to that small room, smaller than the room I was locked before they came. All eyes on me, when I storm in. JJ's hand was tied behind him. The same two burly men still holding his forearms, keeping him still. His face was unrecognizable due to many cuts and bruises and I know why.

My gut suddenly feels churning, disgusted of what I am seeing.

"LET THE POLICE HANDLE THIS, NICO," I yelled in frustrations and fright. They could be sued for that. He is sick and he has all the advantages to win the court. "God dammit, Nico. He is sick. You won't stand a bit in the court." I grit out. I feel terrified about the thought. Theios looks smug while staring at JJ who looks so fragile and beaten to almost death.