"I just didn't want to upset you," he tells her, his voice soft and she rolls her eyes.

"Oh, yeah, because finding out that you're going to America for however long, in two fucking days from my brother instead of you makes me overjoyed." Luke can hear the obvious sarcasm in her voice and he racks his brain for a better explanation.

"I'm only gonna be gone for about three weeks, and I promise I won't do this again, princess, I swear." Luke grows nervous when Julie stays silent, only staring blankly at the wall next to them. "Please don't mad, Julie, I'm –" Julie cuts him off, stepping forward to wrap her arms tightly around his torso and burying her face in his neck. "It's only a few weeks," he says more to himself than to her, bringing his arms around her and tangling one of his hands in her hair.

"I can trust you right?" She mumbles against his skin, gripping his shirt.

"What?" He'd heard her, but he didn't understand what she meant.

"Can I trust you to not, like, you know," she trails, regretting saying anything in the first place.

"What exactly do you think is going to happen while I'm in America, Julie?" He pulls away from her, much to her disappointment, meeting her gaze, the emotion in his eyes indecipherable to Julie.

"I don't know," she shrugs, dropping her gaze. She didn't want to tell him that she was afraid of him sleeping with a bunch of girls like he used to. Girls prettier than her.

"Baby, look at me," he demands, but she ignores him, shaking her head lightly in embarrassment. She shouldn't have brought anything up. "Juliette, fucking look at me." He uses the hand in her hair and his other hand on her jaw to force her to look up at him.

"What?" She breathes, meeting his eyes once again.

"Nothing's going to happen, princess, okay? You can trust me." He brushes his thumb against her cheek in an attempt to comfort her and she lets out a quiet breath and nods.

"I'm sorry, I sound like a clingy girlfriend," she laughs half-heartedly, taking a step away from Luke and covering her face with her hands. Luke smiles softly at her, tugging her hand to bring her inside the flat before shutting the door.

"You don't sound clingy," he promises, slowly pushing her against the door. She shrugs as she brings her arms up to wrap around his neck.

"Well, still, I don't wanna be ann –" Luke rolls his eyes and leans down to press his lips to hers. She smiles against him at the feeling as he circles his arms around her waist.

"Can you guys not make out right here?" Calum huffs as he walks out of the living room. Luke groans against her lips and she pulls away, meeting his gaze and giving him a small smile.

"Sorry, Calum," Luke mumbles, leaning down against and kissing her cheek gently before fully pulling away and turning to face Calum.

"You're not sorry," he scoffs jokingly as Julie grabs Luke's shirt from behind him and leans against his body. "You two are acting unusually affectionate, what's up?" He scrunches his face up when Julie presses her lips against the skin under Luke's ear which causes him to bite his lip and turn his face to give her a look.

"Leave us alone, Calum," Julie pouts against Luke's skin, looking over at Calum with sad eyes. "I'm gonna miss him, leave me be." Calum raises his eyebrows, shifting his gaze from Julie to Luke.

"You finally told her?" He laughs as he crosses his arms. "When we're leaving in two days."

"Well, he didn't tell me." Julie gives Luke a pointed look and he turns his head away from her with a quiet laugh. "My brother told me. But if I ever have to find out from my brother again I'm going to kill Luke. And he knows this." She turns to give Calum an innocent smile as Luke playfully rolls his eyes.

"Mhm, princess, sure," Luke says doubtfully and Julie detaches her body from his.

"Don't test me," she glares, although she definitely didn't mean it, before waving quickly to Calum and making her way to the back to Luke's room. She hears him and Calum exchange a few words quietly and then Luke's footsteps following her. "You haven't started packing yet?" Julie looks up at Luke in confusion when he walks in the room.

"My clothes are in the laundry," he shrugs, laying down on his bed and looking up at her.

"Look at you knowing how to do laundry," she smiles proudly and he rolls his eyes again as she straddles his waist. The two of them sit in a long, but comfortable, silence while Julie slides Luke's shirt and pats his stomach continuously which seems to entertain her for a good five minutes and Luke just smiles up at her at her amusement.

"I'm gonna miss you, princess," Luke murmurs almost silently like Julie wasn't meant to hear, but she snaps her eyes away from his stomach to meet his eyes. She bites her lip and looks away from him as her eyes water up. Luke makes her overly emotional and vulnerable but she'd never tell him that because she hates it. "Hey, no, I'm sorry, baby, don't cry." He quickly sits up, holding her in place on his lap, and takes her face in his hands.

"I'm fine," she lets out a small chuckle, "I'm not crying," she assures him, taking the hand on her face in her own hand before leaning over to meet his lips with hers. Luke quickly moves his lips against hers as she drops his hand and cups his cheeks to deepen the kiss. He drops his head down to her jaw and down her neck, kissing and nipping at the skin, making her let out a quiet whimper. "Luke, Luke, stop," she mumbles, pulling away from him when he starts fumbling with her jeans.

"What's wrong, babe?" He breathes, licking his lips as she slides off his lap and off the bed.

"Um, I-I have to go to the bathroom," she stammers, quickly walking off to his en suite bathroom.

--

hey hey hey very short chapter don't hate me

love you guys xx