Chapter 17

Nyla

I hopped out the shower wrapping a towel around me. I knew August was already in the bathroom with me because I heard Amina's light cries. "Good morning babe." August said and kissed me. "Good morning." "You ready for today?" I sighed. "Yup, you do know I have lunch with Morgan first?" He sucked his teeth. "Man, you is so lucky I love you." I kissed his lips and smiled. "Well I love you too." I began to brush my teeth and wash my face before walking to my closet. I lathered my body in lotion before putting on a Calvin Klein underwear set. I put on a camo jumpsuit and Giuseppe strap heels. I left my face bare with only lipgloss because I feel like there is going to be some crying. I straightened my red dyed hair and grabbed one of my purses before going downstairs. Jerome already came and got the kids so I ain't have to worry about getting them ready. I ate a pancake from out of the microwave and a piece of bacon. August came down with Mina and they was matching kind of. They had on a black American flag shirt, jeans and August was wearing some Jordan's while Mina was just wearing Jordan socks. "Aww look at my babies." I smiled. "Quit with that gushy mess." August mumbled putting Amina in her car seat. "Okay father." I said laughing. I finished up with my food and went to the car with August. He strapped Amina in the back seat as I sat in the passenger seat and strapped myself in. After securing Mina in her seat August got in himself and drove to the restaurant I was having both of my meetings at. We got to the table I reserved and sat there quietly waiting for Morgan. I sipped my lemonade while August stared at me. "Yes, Mr. Alsina?" He stared for a few more seconds before saying something. "Nothing I was just thinking th-" "Hey guys." Morgan said smiling. I stood up and hugged her. "Hello August." She said politely but I could tell she didn't want to and I know he didn't want to either so he just gave her a head nod before taking out his phone and putting in his headphones. I sighed and sat down as well as her. "We'll have you found a rehab center?" She nodded. "Yah there's one not too far outside of Atlanta." "You know how long you would have to be there?" She shook her head. "I spoke to some of the people that own the place but they didn't really say. It all depends on the circumstances but 2 years most likely." I nodded. "How are you? You look stressed?" I didn't want to say the wrong thing because I felt like August was still listening even with the headphones in. "Um nah, I'm just chilling. Working on my new album and all, getting ready to get back on the scene." "Ain't you supposed to be doing that Caribbean song with Nicki and Rihanna?" "Yah they should be by the house tonight so we can work on it." "I sure didn't know that." August budded in. "Oh well I was meaning to tell." He nodded. "How's Aaron?" She asked with curiosity in her voice. "Um he's good, he's still getting used to not only having Brittney in the house." She frowned. "Oh else is there?" I sighed, I completely forgot that she doesn't know about Kendrick. "Oh Jerome's son Kendrick." Her frown deepened. "From who?" "This chick he cheated on me with when we was together." She nodded. "She Kendrick's five?" I nodded. "Oh ok, you think Jerome will take Aaron to come see when I go into rehab?" I shrugged. "Maybe, when do you go in?" "2pm today." I opened my eyes wide. "Wow, um I'll let him know just text me the address and I'll go. If he doesn't want to take Aaron I will." She smiled and nodded. "Ok thanks but I got to go." I got up and hugged her before she walked away leaving me and August alone again. "So what was you saying before?" I said looking at him. "We will talk about it Friday on our date at 8pm." I smiled. "That is 3 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 32 seconds away." We both laughed. "I'm glad to see your waiting." He smiled and noticed my parents coming in from different sides of the restaurant. My mother noticed my father and slightly rolled her eyes before coming over to me. She hugged me and August before sitting and that was the same time my father came and sat. The tension was heavy the second he sat and I couldn't even look at him. All the pain from the day he hit me came back, even the pain from my child hood. So many lies was told to me during that time, I cried for reasons that I thought was true but they was really lies. "So how are you new parents?" My mom asked smiling. I looked at her and noticed she was holding Amina. "She looks so much like you August. Baby I think your genes are weak because all my grand babies from you look like there fathers." I giggled. "Yah I think so too." My father cleared his throat glancing at Amina. "Congratulations, she's beautiful just like her mother." He spoke and I cleared my throat. "Um thanks." I looked at August who looked fed up with this conversation already. "From the both of us." My father nodded and the tension came once again. "So Nyla did you start wedding planning?" I shook my head. "No, not yet." "Well whenever you do start I'll be more than happy to help you." I smiled. "Okay." "How are Brittney, Arielle and August Jr.?" My father asked I guess trying to avoid the real reason we was here. "They're good." My phone buzzed on the table afterwards and I seen a text from August.