A Year with Mr. Arrogant 20

Start from the beginning

"It's only my first beer tonight," I responded.

"I kind of wonder how you are when you are drunk," he lifted an eyebrow.

'Thirty minutes later'

"Ace I love you! I freaking love you! You know that right? Like this much," I slurred a bit, spreading my arms out all the way back.

"I'm not Ace," Jade snickered, shaking her head.

"You're not?" I questioned in a dramatic way adding a gasp, and she started to laugh even harder. 

With that I started swaying in each step I took, going over to the dance floor, yelling Ace's name. A hand tightly grabs me by my forearm, and when I turn to see the person it's Ace.

"I turn around for one second to watch over the guest and your drunk?" Ace questioned, leading me inside the luxurious yacht.

"I only ha-had two, I promise," giggling falling to the soft carpeted ground like an idiot, and strong arms propped me back up.

"Who are you?" I slurred, swinging my head back, looking up at the ceiling and back at the person, "Ace!"

"I'm kind of scared taking care of a drunk person like yourself," Ace sighed, setting me down on the tan leather couch.

"Why don't you take care of me on the bed?" I questioned in a whisper, pulling him by the collar so he'd lay on top of me.

"As much as I want to, you're drunk," Ace answered.

"But why? Don't you want me? Don't you love me?" I asked, staring into his blue eyes, pouting out my bottom lip.

"Y-yes, I love you," he said in a serious tone, but I started to go unconscious feeling my eyes get heavy, not hearing what he said.

 ~

My head started to throb as I opened my eyes to the blinding sun rays coming through the large eight foot windows. Quickly shutting them back close, I felt someone lay beside me.

I turn to my other side and open my eyes to see Ace peacefully sleeping. I love waking up to him. I flinched when I felt another wave of throbbing pain shoot through my head. Ace slowly opened his eyes and pushed his self up with his arm.

"Hurts doesn't it?"

"I know how it feels, I remember the bachelorette party," I responded, placing my hand over my forehead.

"Drink some water," he said, getting out of bed with only his boxers on, heading into the bathroom.

Why does he seem off this morning?

~

I sat beside Ace, munching on popcorn as we watched Transformers. He hasn't said anything throughout the half hour of the movie, or hardly anything else throughout the day. Something is up, but I was too scared to ask.

His arm rested on the back of the couch over my shoulders. I laid my head back, and gazed up at the high ceiling. I didn't feel like watching the movie anymore. I gave out a tired groan to see if he would say anything.

Nothing.

I tried again and this time Ace snapped out of his thoughts, and turned his head towards me.

"Tired?" he asked, emotionless.

I frowned at him and dramatically whipped my head the other way, crossing my arms.

It took me twice to make him come out of his thoughts. What is he even thinking about in that head of his?

"Whats wrong?" I could point out the worry in his voice as he questioned.

"I should be asking you that," I responded, looking back at him.

"What do you mean?" he asked as if he really didn't know.

"You seem to be thinking too much today."

He blinked twice, keeping a poker face, " Yeah, I am."

Now it was my turn to wait for his answer, I wonder what his answer is.

"I don't think it's the right time to say it though," he said, making me think he was going to say something very important. Wait, what if he was thinking about proposing to me?

Was I ready?

"Please tell me," I said, out of curiosity.

Ace sighed and there was a silence.

"You know what you told me yesterday?" Ace asked, adjusting his posture so his body faced me.

I shook my head. I could've said anything.

"You told me that you love me and I don't know if it's true since you were drunk while you said those words."

I mentally gasped in my head, but then again, it was true, I did love Ace. He's the best thing thats ever happened to me. Like I said, I would would be nothing with out him. We've been through a lot and our bond is as strong as ever. So my answer to him?

"I do love you," I grabbed his hands placing it into mine.

A smile spread across his face and he launched his lips on mine, pulling back after a few seconds. Ace looked me in the eyes with a sincere expression on his face.

"I love you too, Elle."