Chapter Two-Can't Escape

A/N:Next Chapter is up! Please comment, read, and enjoy!

~*~

"Amy.......Amy....Amy!"

The pink hedgehog's eyelids fluttered open slowly.Her vision was blurry and was only able to see a blue glop.Amy Rose's head pulsed with pain so she closed her eyes once more.However she felt a hand on her head so her eyes opened to see who it was.

"S-Sonic?"she asked weakly.

Finally her vision returned to its normal state and she could now see the once blurry person.As Amy excepted,the blue blur was right in front of her with a hard expression.His emerald eyes gleamed with anger and the tiniest bit of worry and concern.She watched as he carefully slipped his hands under her and picked her up gently.Amy nuzzled her weak head into Sonic's fur even though he tensed.

Sonic,however,ignored her and looked around the destroyed plane.He was lucky he was in time to catch Amy just before she hit the ground.The thing that angered him was that Knuckles tried to punch him off.Furious at the echidna,he searched through the remains.Before he could kick over a huge piece of the plane,a blur exploded out from under it.Sonic jumped back with Amy clutching onto him shaking.His eyes widened when he saw Knuckles.

He had now not black eyes but red piercing slit pupils and his body was not red but a dark ugly purple.A shard was clutched in one hand while his fist was formed in the other.Radiating off of him was the same purple misty aura from before at Angel island.Amy took a peek and made a small gasp.

"...that's not Knuckles..."

Sonic didn't look down at her but merely dodged the throws that he threw.He zoomed right up to him and used his leg to kick his feet right from under him.However his eyes widened in shock when his leg went right through him.Amy blinked before muttering.

"...I knew it wasn't him..."

Sonic backed up and eyed the shard in his hand.Amy saw this and thought for a moment.

"Sonic,try to get that shard away from him,"she suggested.

He nodded and started to zoom around him quickly while the imposter stood it's ground.Sonic then went for its hand and kicked as high as he could.The shard went flying back hitting a piece of scrap metal from the plane.The shard stopped glowing and dulled to its regular color.The imposter narrowed it's red eyes which sent shivers down Amy's spine.

"....I'll be back..."it hissed with venom dripping form it's words.

Amy and Sonic watched the imposter slowly dismiss into the air however it's blood red slit eyes lingered momentarily.Once it completely vanished,the two remained quiet.
That was until a moan broke the silence.Their attention averted toward the pile of scraps when something moved.Sonic hurried toward it and kicked the metal away.

"Knuckles???"squeaked Amy.

The real echidna sat up and rubbed his head.He groaned weakly and tried looking around.Anger engulfed the hedgehog when he kicked Knuckles in the stomach not hard but hard enough to make him groan.

"You idiot!You almost killed Amy and yourself!!"Sonic shouted.

Amy watched this and remained silent.Knuckles lied there yet narrowed his eyes at Sonic.

"What are you talking about?"he asked with annoyance.

"You!You attacked Amy!And destroyed her plane!You almost killed her!What were you thinking!?"Sonic almost screamed.

Knuckles just blinked looking baffled and blank.Amy placed her arms around Sonic's neck to calm him down even though it didn't.

"Sonic,he doesn't remember anything.He was being controlled..."Amy said softly.