7

A week later, Mark is in jail. I miss him. But it's for the best. I couldn't bare to go him back to my apartment so I've been staying at Elliot's.

Since what happened in the precinct Liv has been staying at mine. She didn't want me to leave her so we shared my bed. Obviously I wanted to, but I did it for her. She would go to bed as soon as we got in from work. I would order a pizza or something and take it to her in bed. We would just lay there in each other's arms eating the pizza and watching a movie. She was depressed. I could tell. Finn could tell. Munch could tell. Cragen could tell! We all knew that she needed time to go back to normal.

After a week of staying at Elliot's we became closer. We had always been best friends, but he has been acting different.

"El?" I heard her ask as she takes her eyes off of the screen and looks into mine. "Yeah" I reply.  "Are you okay?" She asks with her big brown eyes locked on mine.  "Yeah why do you ask?" I say nervously.
"Well since I've been here you have been acting differently" she says moving my arm from around her and sitting forward. "Don't you want me here?" She says.
"No. Oh my god no! Of course I want you here. Don't ever think that I don't!" I say pulling her into a hug. She pulls away.
"Then what's the matter?" She asks. Her eyes locked on mine again. I want to tell her but I can't. I turn my head away from her.
"Elliot don't ignore me. What's the matter?" She says touching my face turning it toward her. She looks into my eyes.

*knock knock*
I get up and walk to the door. I open it and see Cragen.
"Elliot" he says as he looks me up and down. I realise I'm only wearing my boxer shorts. I let him in. I go into the bedroom and pick up my shirt.
"It's Cragen" I say putting it on.

I get out of the bed and walk into the living room. I'm only wearing my panties and Elliot's shirt.
"Did you two-?" Capt asks
"No" we say simultaneously.
"Anyway. I'm here just to tell you that Mark is in prison but it's going to trial" he says.
I'm stunned. I didn't even want to press charges and now it's going to trial?!
"Liv" Elliot says putting his hand behind my back. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah" I say.

A few days later in court.

"These are pictures of the injuries that Detective Benson has sustained" Alex says handing the pictures to the jury. I watch their faces. A few jaws drop in horror. Alex collects up the photos and puts them on her desk. A few jurors looked over at me. I could see the compassion in their faces.

The jurors vote came back almost instantly. They all voted guilty. I'm so glad for Liv.
It's been a month since the trial and Liv has practically moved in. I don't mind of course. I picked up some clothes from her apartment for her. She isn't ready to go back there yet.
"Hey Liv " I say
"Yeah"
"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?" I ask nervously.
"Yeah sure. Where do you wanna go?" She asks.

"It's a surprise" he answers with a smile. "But wear something nice" he says as he walks off into the bedroom.
I walk into the spare bedroom and open the closet. I get dressed. I go over to the mirror and do my makeup. When I'm done I walk out. El is sitting in the living room in black pants with a white shirt with the top button undone, but with a black tie. He looks...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. She walks out of the bedroom as I stand up. She is wearing a blue dress that cuts of just above the knee, with a black belt. She is wearing a pair of silver heals. Her hair is in loose curls and falls onto her shoulders. She walks towards me.

"Wow" I say as I walk towards him.
"Wow me?! Wow YOU!" He says as he smiles.
I giggle a little.
"So can you tell me where we are going and why you wanted me dress like this?"