3.

When I wake up Mark is stoking my face. "Oh your wake. Thank god. Baby I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Do you forgive me? I love you" He says.
"Yeah. I love you too" I say.
I lean forward. My back aches. I get up and go into the bedroom. I get undressed and climb into bed. 
When I wake up Mark's arm is wrapped around me. I gently take it off of me trying not to wake him. I go into the bathroom. I take off my clothes and go into the shower. I look at my body in the mirror. My ribs, arms, back and hips are bruised. I wash myself. When I am done I climb out and get dressed into a long sleeve shirt and black trousers. I get my makeup bag from the draws. I look at my lip in the mirror. Then I look at my eye I can't cover it, I plaster layers of foundation over it. It covers the colour but not the swelling. I can't go into work like this.

"I don't feel very well. I have stomach and head ache. I'm staying here today" I tell mark.
"Ok. Get better. Love you"
" Love you too"
Mark walks out the apartment.  He isn't going to work. He is going out with his friends. Again.
I walk back into the bathroom and take off my makeup. I get changed into my Rolling Stones tank top and matching shorts. I pick up my phone. I dial El's number.

Hey El. I don't feel well I'm not coming in today.
Hey Liv.  What's up?
Nothing.  I just don't feel well.
No there is something up. I'm coming over.
No Elliot please don't. I'm fine. I just don't feel well. Don't come over I'm fine. Bye.
I hang up. I can't have him coming around and seeing me. He will jump to conclusions. He can't know . He will say things about Mark that aren't true. He loves me. I know he does. I love him. He does love me. He just gets angry. And it's my fault. I provoke him.  Elliot will just presume things!
I go into the bathroom and grab the cream. I turn on the TV and put the cream on my legs. I lift up my shirt and rub the cream on my ribs. It stings at first but then it feels soothing.
*ring ring*
It's Elliot.

Hey Liv. I wanted to make sure your ok. I spoke to cap and he said I can have the day off. I told him something isn't right. I'm on my way.
No El. I'm fine. You can't come over.
Why not?
B...because I  am in the shower.
You've taken your phone in the shower.
Erm. Yeah.
Well I'll wait till you come out.
No Elliot please. I'm fine!
I hung up the phone. 

*10 minutes later*

Knock knock.
" Liv? Liv it's El" he says. I can't believe he has shown up here!
"Elliot I told you not to come here! " I yelled.
"Liv please open the door. I want to see you. I need to make sure you are ok!" He yells.
Knock knock.
"LIV!" He yells.
"Please leave!"
"Liv I'm not leaving till I see you. So either let me in now or ill wait here till Mark comes home to let me in" he says.
I take a deep breath and open the door  I keep my head down.
"Liv look at me"
I don't respond.
He lifts up my face.
His jaw drops.
"L..Liv. Oh my god. Liv. Look at you! " he says. He walks into my apparent. I walk to the kitchen.
"Do you want a drink?" I ask.
"No Liv come here " he says with open arms.
I walk to him. He hugs me and holds me tight.
"It was mike wasn't it?" He says.
" N..no"
"Liv stop lying!" He yells.
I break down into tears.
"He didn't mean it. He loves me"
"What? Look at you. If he loved you he wouldn't do that!" He says.
" I'm sorry" I say
"Don't apologise. It's not you fault." He kisses the top of my head.
I look up at him. I get lost in his big blue eyes. He holds my face and pulls me towards his. I pull back.
What was he doing? Was he going to kiss me? What was he thinking?

Elliot's thoughts:
Oh my god. What am I doing!? I was going to kiss her. Oh my god Elliot will you pull yourself together! She doesn't want you! And even if she did we aren't here to talk about that. But all I can think about is how good it feels pressed against my body. How good she looks in those tight shorts.

I pull myself of him.
"Are. Are you sure you don't want a drink? " I ask as I loose his hold and walk into the kitchen. 
"I'm sure. Thank you. Liv what are you going to do? "
"Excuse me? "
" What are you going to do about Mark?"
"Nothing and neither are you"
"What.Why aren't you doing anything?"
"Because it was an accident!"
"No it wasn't Liv. Nobody beats someone they love . This wasn't an accident. "
"Elliot please. Please don't tell  anyone"
"Why not?"
"Because it's non of your business! "
"Non of my business. I'm your partner Liv. I care about you. It kills me to see you like this!"
"I'm not arguing about this with you!" I say. Turning away from him. He puts his hand on my shoulder and turns me around. 
"Elliot leave it. Please" I say.
"I'm not going anywhere."
He pulls me towards him. He hugs me tight.