nine

( Jessie's POV )

We finished eating breakfast and getting ready and we were all set for our trip to the beach. Well, not completely set. Michael and I were in the middle of a 15 minutes long debate on who should drive. After about 20 minutes I just gave up and said he could drive. After he jumped up and down in excitement which was really cute for 2 minutes we said good bye to his mum and got into his car and drove to the beach.

It was a pleasant ride, chatting and listening to Catfish & The Bottlemen through the car stereo. It is about 2pm so it's not too hot and it's not too cold. Quiet cool but still warm at the same time. We drive down to Venice Beach and the car windows are down and my hair is blowing in the warm wind. We pull up at a halt to one of the traffic lights once it suddenly went red, or Mike was just going too fast. After a while, singing along to almost every song off the album 'The Balcony' we find a parking space close to the beach we get our things and head out to find the guys.

"You excited to meet my band mates?" Michael asks me, slipping his hand around my waist.

"A little nervous But yeah I guess. They're like your siblings so I'm 'meeting the family" I reply with a weak smile and he tightens his grip around my waist.

"You'll be fine. They're not clean cut but they're alright" he says as he spots the boys setting up a little beach picnic the distance and we walk up to them, Michael's hand still around my waist.

"Ooh, this must be Jessie. How are you beautiful? " Luke asks and I catch Mike glare at him for his words.

"I'm good how are you?" I ask and he smiles widely, his perfect white teeth on display.

"I'm pretty good. How's Mikey treating you?"

"Pretty well, better than I expected to be honest" I reply, earning a bit of laughter out of him.

I then give them all hugs and we sit down on the blanket that was laid out on the warm sand. We ate a little and went out and splashed around in the water. I swear Michael keeps lifting me up and he's already done it over 10 tens.

(Michael's POV)

Jess starts walking back to the blanket which puzzles me a bit. She told me the other day she loved the water. Before the words can spill from my lips, Calum jumps in.

"Hey Jess where you going?" he yells out to her.

"I've had enough. You can come join me if you want" she yells back and Cal runs out of the water and goes to join her on the blanket.

I should be able to trust him. Can I? If he lays one hand on her he's gonna know about it.

"MIKE! Watch it!" I hear Ash say from behind me.

"What wh-" and I suddenly get splashed in the face with water.

"Just wow" I say then returning the splash.

I look out to where Cal and Jess were seated and his arm is around her shoulders and he's whispering in her ear and it seems Jess' giggling about whatever he's telling her. Damn, I though I could trust him. I run out of the water and pull Cal away.

"Mikey it's ok, it was just friendly talk" Jess says, clearly trying to reassure me but I know Cal way better than she does. I know what he was getting to.

"Okay man, sorry. I was just trying to get to know her better. Sorry Jess, I got a bit touchy" he apologises but I can see in his eyes he doesn't totally mean it.

"As long as it doesn't happen again" I say and he nods.

"It's ok Cal, nice getting to know you better" Jess says as Calum starts running back towards the boys.

"You too Jess!" he yells out, not turning back.

"You wanna go grab some ice-cream?" I ask Jess and her eyes light up. God, she's beautiful.

"Hell yeah!" she says standing up, grabbing a hold of my hand.

We walk towards the small ice-cream parlour that was on the corner of the street. We walk in and it's deserted. The guy behind the counter comes up and asks what we would like. I say a 3 scoop and Jessie asks for 2.

"Can I get the chocolate, peppermint and mint chocolate chip?" I ask and the guy nods.

"And what about you sweetheart?" he asks but I just brush the name off. Am I being too protective and sensitive?

"Can I get the vanilla and macadamia please?" she asks. Her voice goes high when she's talking to other people and it's cute. She did it to me when we first met.

The guy serves us and we walk outside. The warm air hits us like a bull at a gate and Jessie whimpers a little. I start walking towards the empty bench that looks out at the sea and we take a seat. I guess the guys have gone home cause even while I'm standing I can't see them anywhere. The sun is setting slightly now and we sit and watch the sky change into beautiful colours. I finish my ice-cream a little bit before Jessie because, well just because I guess. Her in this light is just gorgeous. Her beautiful blonde hair is shining in the setting sunlight and her yes are shining like diamonds. I don't want to leave this behind for a freaking tour. Never.

hello, it's me and I'm back with more chapters. if you didn't know why I was gone I wrote a Christmas book so if you would like check that out. love you guys, enjoy :)

Jenn xx