five

*The next day, 7pm*

( Jessie's POV )

Michael gave me his address and told me to be at his place about 7pm. I'm not even gonna bother asking my mom to go out tonight. She already knew I was going to the party but I just don't know what she's gonna say when she sees me walking out of the house in an oversized Tee and baggy sweatpants but I guess I'll just wait for that event to occur.

"Jessie!!" My mom called as my bedroom door flung open.

"Why are you wearing that to a nightclub, are you nuts, must be?"

"No mum, I'm going to Hayley's place first, we're going to do each others makeup and hair and stuff and she has my dress." I reply hoping she'll believe my little white lie.

"What do you need a duffle bag for?"

"I'm taking all my makeup and hair products in it to Hayleys"

"Oh yeah true, I'll leave you to it then" she says as she slams my door shut behind her.

I'm glad I'm getting out of this hell hole for the night.
I quickly text Hayley and tell her what to say if my mum texts her and she says it'll be no troubles and to have fun on my 'Mysterious Night'. I chuckled as I read the text as I grab my car keys and my bag and head out the door surprisingly without my mom saying anything more.

I'm halfway to Michael's place and I hear my phone start to ring. I answer it on the bluetooth speaker thing thats installed in my car. I'm thinking it must be Michael but to my surprise it's not Michael, its my mum.

"Are you at Hayleys yet?" She unintentionally (i think) yells through the phone.

"Not yet mum I'm half way there, why, whats up?"

"Oh nothing really I was just checking in on you that's all" she said with a weird angryish tone in her voice

"Ok?? You know I'm 18 right, I'm practically an adult"

"I know but you're still my baby"

Just as she said this i arrived in front of Michaels place.

"Ok mum I'm at Mi-  Hayleys now so I'll talk to you later ok bye" I said and quickly hung up the phone, turned my car off and started walking towards Michaels front door.

( Michael's POV )

I'm anxiously waiting for Jessie to arrive and I'm thinking about her. She's obviously upset about her past and everything, I can tell. I can see the scars on her wrists and I can see the look in her eyes when she was talking about everything that's going on. She's badly hurt.

Just as I was in the middle of my daydream the door bell rang and I sprung to my feet. I ran down the hallway and opened the door and was greeted by a very beautiful face, Jessie's of course. I led her to the kitchen to meet my parents.

"Oh hello you must be Jessie, we've heard so much about you already" my mum said while hugging her.

"Lovely to meet you both" Jessie replied.

Didn't know she could be so polite.

"You like video games?" I ask her quickly before my dad can get his word in.

"Video games??! Hell yeah, I'm a sucker for video games"

"Why don't we go out into my 'man cave'. I've got all my computers and stuff out there"

"Sounds awesome!"

I didn't really know what to talk about with Jessie.

"Hey can I call you Jess?" I asked her, I just feel like it would be easier.

"Yeah sure" she responded.

"Welcome to my man cave " I said in a tone someone at the carnival would use.

"Shit! This is awesome. Better than I expected to be honest with you"

"Haha yeah, I was pretty surprised with the result of it when I first saw it too. So what video games do you like? I've got Fifa, GTA, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart 8-"

"Oh my gosh, you own Mario Kart 8, we've gotta play against each other! "

"Alright, Mario Kart it is then. Game on!"

I can already see her whole face brighten up and it's not because of the lighting. She just looks so much happier than she did yesterday.

"You know, I feel like you understand me better than any of my other friends" She said in the middle of the match.

"Really?? I can say the same thing about you"

"Really?"

"Yep." I said with a smile on my face. I feel like I could tell her what I really need to get out, and soon.