Chapter 3 : Wretched And Divine

I can’t believe it. I am now officially touring with Black Veil Brides. Is this real? The day after Blasko and Andy visited me, Blasko gave me a call on the hotel phone to meet him in the lobby.

Dressed like an emo, with heavy eye makeup and ripped black skinny jeans. I make my way to the lobby; my prized biker jacket slung over my shoulders and my mother’s scarf around my neck.

Right on time, Blasko walks past reception to meet me in the lobby. “You’ve got a big day ahead of you Alice, I hope you’re ready.” He smirks.

As I ponder over what my day will hold, Blasko leads me outside.

I spot Andy standing next the black van that I had seen on my first day. My gaze moves to his left. He is next to the guy I saw in the lift!

As Blasko and I approach, the two men wave to us. Blasko instinctively waves back. A little shy, I just smile.

“Hi Alice, we’ve met before haven’t we?” The man next to Andy grins with a devious look on his face.

“Come on Ash, you’re scaring her." Andy declared.

The man lifted off his sunglasses and I immediately recognise him to be Ashley Purdy. So my deductions on the tattoos were correct!
“Sorry about Ash, he just has a creepy way of socialising..” Andy thumps Ashley in his side.

“Hey man!” Ash groans.

“Come on you two, are you going to bicker all day?” Blasko complains sliding the door of the van open.

“No… Unfortunately, we have only just begun.” Andy retorts sarcastically.

Ashley laughs, pulling his shades back down.

“Get in Alice,” Andy encourages in a gentle tone, whilst holding the van door open for me.

So the black van is their tour bus. I never would’ve guessed…

As I step in, I see Jake, Jinxx and CC chatting madly about something.

“What the hell, he just jumped off a cliff?!” CC bawls.

I peep over to see the three of watching a random YouTube video on an iPhone.

“Jeez.” Jake murmurs his eyes glued to the screen.

“Mind your head, Andy!” Jinxx yells, suddenly.

As I sit down I look to see Andy stepping into van, he bumps his head on the roof door.

“Ouch! Not again...!” Andy rubs his head.

“It’s your fault for being tall.” Ashley shoves Andy further into the van before climbing into the bus himself. He then trips over a crumbled piece of paper in the middle of the floor.

“And do you plan on wearing your shades inside the tour bus?” Andy laughs as Ashley regains his composure.

“I have to keep my coolness while there’s fans around.” Ashley winks at me.

Andy just rolls his eyes and sits next to me.

I feel a little apprehensive about this strange situation but I choose to accept it nonetheless, after all this is my one big opportunity.

As the tour bus sets off, the guys settle down in a more relaxed manner.

“So Alice, you’re an upcoming star, yes?” Jake asks calmly.

“W..well I don’t know…”

“Come on there’s no need to be so modest; we all think you’re great!” Jinxx remarks nodding his head towards me.