Chapter 2 : Cadence

I drop my bags as I arrive off the plane. So here I am in LA. I thought to myself. I also don't know how long I am going to be here. Oh well, let's just hope I pass the audition first...

I called a taxi over that was waiting in the carpark of the airport. As I got in the cab, I gave the driver the hotel name that I was to stay in and he quickly drove out of the airport.

As I arrived at the hotel, I saw a black van pull up outside. The van had tinted windows and a middle aged driver got out.

He looks over to me and gives me a wave. Unsure who this strange man was, I simply smiled and walked into the hotel without a second thought.

At the main desk, a middle aged woman with long blonde hair gave me the card to my room and told me which floor I was staying on. I read the card. Room 27.

I took the elevator; and was about to press the button to go to my floor, when a guy wearing dark shades got on. He grins at me and flicked his long dark hair. This is creepy, I don't even know him!

Suddenly I recognise something about the man but can't think of what it was as he gets out of the elevator at the same floor as me. Again, he smiles at me and rushes into a room a few doors from mine.

I open the door to my room, and I am astounded by the neatness and modern feel. Not bad for a five star hotel. I sigh and sink into the King-sized bed, throwing my luggage onto the floor. I would have never been able to afford accommodation like this on my own.

The room is on-suite and even has an LSD TV and a kettle.

I look out of the small window and gain a nice city view of LA. Then I remember what I recognised about the man in the lift. His tattoos. I know it is a strange thing to recognise someone by, but I'd know those tattoos anywhere. It can't be him! I claim to myself and continue to unpack my luggage, placing my clothes neatly in the wardrobe behind me. But the stars and that other one on his arm! Oh well.

***TIME PASS***

The following morning I am awoken by a knock on my door. As I blink open my eyes and realise that I am not in Minneapolis anymore, I stumble towards the door.

Wrapping my dressing gown over my pjs, I peep through the spy glass at the top of the door.

In the distorted image I see two men. One of which is Blasko, the other, the one-and-only Andy Biersack.

It is then that I understand I can't turn them away, even though I am still in my pyjamas. I quietly rush to unlock the door.

"Good morning Alice," Andy smiles, "Blasko has told me all about you."

"Wh..what?!" I screech, unable to contain myself. I try to straighten my unbrushed hair.

"Well, you were right Blasko," Andy looks towards me, "it was a good job that the other guys didn't come to your room too..."