two

Opal

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little bit nervous about meeting with this Joseph Artt. He told me to wait at the Starbucks where we bumped into each other at noon. It was now noon thirty and he was no where to be found. What if he found someone better..or he just doesn't want to show.

I sipped my coffee and sighed pulling out my phone. After scrolling through multiple apps mindlessly until someone came and tapped a pen on my table. I looked up and saw a young woman in a blazer.

"Opal Quinn?" She asked. I nodded. "Follow me." She said walking out of the front door with me in pursuit.

She opened the back door to an range rover and I crawled and her after.

There was a man sitting next to me in a well tailored suit.

"Hello Opal. My name is Ravi."

"Um, hey Ravi." I said buckling my seat belt.

"So you contacted Joseph about the acting job, yes?" He asked. I nodded again

"Well, obviously you want the job. I'm gonna ask you a few questions. Is that okay?" He asked

"Yes but-"

"Great. How good of an actor are you? On a scale from 1 to 10."

"Oh um.." I thought. "A seven..eight maybe." I said.

"You can cry on cue?" He asked. I nod. "How deeply can you connect with your characters?"

"I basically try to become them in some ways." I say. "And if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is this job?"

"Basically Miss Quinn. You will be posing as someones girlfriend. Somewhat like a model in a fashion show. You will be attending major events with him, lunches, vacations, anything to make you look like the a couple. There will be some preparation but by November you should be announced as publicly dating."

"I think you just told me my job is going to be one of the most cliche fan fiction plots to exist" I note laughing to myself quietly.

"Yes I suppose you could say that. But we want to keep this mans fans on their toes giving them something to rave about. He and his band mates will be going on a break after this year and well a lot of things are going to be changing." Ravi said to me.

"It all seems somewhat surreal to me..what band is this by the way?" I asked sipping the coffee I had bought.

"One Direction." he tells me in the utmost casual of tones.

I choked on my drink and gasped out.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask in slight disbelief.

"Problem?" He asked.

I shake my head no abruptly.

"Good. Now you will be posing as a close friend to Liam Payne which will soon spiral into-"

"Isn't he in a relationship?" I asked already knowing the answer of course.

"Not for long." The red haired blazer woman says from my right.

"He does at the moment. But he's not the one you will be with. You will be posing with Mr. Styles." I nodded calmly but on the inside I was screaming.

"Mr. Styles and Mr. Horan have been the only two members of the band that haven't really been romantically involved. Aside from what I've noticed the fans calling Harry's 'winter girlfriends' He's been clean. We don't want fan's to be bored and leave the fandom while the boys are on break and that's what you're for. So miss Quinn, do you accept this job?"

I was absolutely baffled. I had no idea what to even begin to say about this. "Um, I have no clue."

"Miss Quinn I assure you this will be very good for your career. You can get lifted from your rut, and make a hell of a penny."

"How much is a hell of a penny?" I question not quite caring what it was.

Working with Harry Styles should be enough pay.

But not really I'd like to be paid.

" Three k a month. You will for the next 20 months."

"That's sixy thousand dollars." I mumble to myself.

"You are the math wiz Miss Opal, we've actually checked your high school transcripts. You graduated at 14, then went right to college. Amazing."

"Is that even legal?" I ask cocking my head to the side.

"Do you accept the job position Miss Quinn?" He asked jumping directly over my question.

"I suppose I do. Yes." I said shaking his hand.

"Great because we have arrived at our location." He said. I noticed that the car had stopped moving and I 'oohed'.

"When you head inside tell then Ravi sent you. A car will be back to pick you up in four hours then we go and sign this contract. Alright with you?" He asks. I smile and nod once again.

"Good. Now go get 'em tiger."

I smile and climb from the vehicle and look toward the building.

I inhale a deep breath before walking in.

Here goes nothing

*
*
*
*

Short but I had to get that out of the way.

wizardindie