Epilogue

They sat in the clouds together and watched as Whitewood was restored to its former glory.

"You did well," he said softly as he caressed her cheek.

"We did well," she corrected as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. They had done well. Their efforts had been rewarded; their sacrifices were proven worth it. And they had sacrificed a lot.

The new Whitewood was thriving already. Frinrenth had been expanded into a larger system of palaces to house a representative from each species in the council. Queen Meyomel ruled the council with grace and wisdom. The Vision soldiers who hadn't fled or perished were executed within the first week after Arwen's downfall.

Vision's Eye was cracked in the battle and lost its magical potential. Queen Kallianassa was furious, however after a few months she joined the other leaders and took her place amongst the council. Rumor has it that someone purposely cracked the Eye to ensure their privacy.

The boundaries between the regions were torn down, and all the species were free to roam into the forests of Celienth. Villages were built and scattered and the ogres were freed from slavery.

Secrets were spilled, conspiracies long forgotten, and everything was as it should have been.

He tilted his head on top of hers. "And there's been no war among the people yet?" he asked.

"No," she said quietly. "Not yet."

"It seems too good to be true," he added.

"Give it a month's time. Nothing good ever lasts."

Hello! I know I'm a little early, but it's Christmas Eve, so why not? Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

I can't believe I've finished this book! It's still only a rough draft, but I'm really happy with how it's turned out and all the support I've been getting. Thanks so much everyone! I can't believe I'm currently at 1.2k reads!

Thanks for sticking with me this far. Check back, as I'll be doing some major editing! Merry Christmas.

- Cari