Chapter 23: Inevitable

~Lucy's POV~
"Will you just try and get along with her?" I pestered as I crossed my arms. I shifted all of my weight to my right foot, tapping it slightly.

"Ugh," Natsu scoffed. He rolled his eyes and fell back against the couch.

"Natsu," I paused. "She has been through a lot." I walked over to the edge of the couch and played with his hair from behind. "She told me her story while you were downstairs playing video games with Gildarts."

"She opened up to you that easily?" Natsu's body shifted to face me. He draped his arm over the side of the couch, staring at me cutely.

"W-well yeah." I stuttered, remembering what she had told me. Blush crept upon my cheeks thinking about it. Could I really be the one for Natsu? I instantly turned around to hide my embarrassment.

"Y-you're just stubborn." I let out a sigh as my body temperature slowly went back to normal.

"Hey! You're stubborn too!" Natsu whined, pouting his lip. My attention was immediately drawn back to him.

"I know," I said through a small laugh. Instead of walking around, I climbed over the couch and plopped down next to Natsu. "Just try please? For me?" I showed him my signature puppy dog eyes, something he's always had a soft spot for.

"Fine." Natsu said as he rolled his eyes again. "You're so manipulative and persuasive." He draped his arm around me and pulled me closer.

"Whatever you say, drama queen." I retorted, letting a laugh slip out of my mouth.

"I'm not a drama queen!" Natsu whined again, which just proved my point. We sat in silence for a minute or two, just enjoying the view outside of the window. Busy city, busy people, busy life.

"Why do we have so many issues?" I asked sarcastically. Natsu turned to look at me and I did the same.

"I don't know, but as long as we're together, we can solve any problem. I love all your issues, they made you the way you are today." Natsu said with a toothy smile.

"Well, then I love your issues too." I swiftly planted a kiss on Natsu's cheek, but he caught me. He gently held my face as he moved his lips directly in front of mine.

"You missed." Natsu said as he pulled me into a sweet kiss.

Things were finally starting to look up between everything that had happened.

-----------------------------------

"I can't believe we're graduating in a week!" Levy said as she sat down at our regular lunch table. We wouldn't have many of these times left. We were joined by Juvia and Erza as well.

"Time flies, doesn't it." Erza said with a sentimental smile.

"Sure does!" Levy replied, opening up her lunch box. For once, we could be as loud as we wanted. No one has come to the library during the lunch period today.

"So, what's everyone's plan for after graduation?" Juvia asked as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Is it bad that I don't know?" I questioned. "I mean, I know I want to stay with Natsu, but I'm not sure if I want to attend college or anything." I scratched the side of my head nervously.

"It's completely normal not to know what you want to do." Erza said as she took a bite of her salad, her red hair cascading over her face. I felt relieved, but knew I needed to choose soon.

"I know for sure that I'm working at the public library during the summer, but after that, I think I'll go to nearest college." Levy spoke up next, smiling at herself. She really did like books.

"I think Gray and I are going to apply to The Fairy Tail University. It's only like 10 minutes away from here." Juvia said with a bright smile. It's so nice to hear that their relationship is going well. We all shifted our eyes to Erza, awaiting her answer.

"I'm moving in with Jellal." A light tint of pink appeared on her cheeks. She looked away with a smile.

"That's so cute!" I yelled, relieving her of her embarrassment. She laughed, glad to hear our positive response. "Moving in with someone is kind of awkward at first, but then you get used to their routines, habits, and such."

She nodded, understanding my words. I was the only one here who's actually living with their boyfriend.

"I guess I need to talk to Natsu about that, don't I?" I questioned through a small smile.

The future is inevitable.
Natsu and I need to make some serious decisions.