Chapter 11: Secrets

~Lucy's POV~

"Ugh I'm so tired," I said as we entered Natsu's apartment. I let out a big sigh and plopped myself on the couch. A headache was starting to form at my temples.

"Awh is baby Lucy sleepy?" Natsu mocked as he set my suitcase down. He had been such a gentlemen by offering to carry my bags. He sat down on the couch next to me, his smile intriguing.

"Hey!" I whined as I punched him playfully. "It's been a long day," I said as I rubbed my irritated eye.

"Yea I know," he replied soothingly. He sympathetically placed his hand on my back. I leaned against him, my head resting on his shoulder. He draped his arm around the back of my head.

"Things will get better Luce, I promise." He said as he kissed my head. We stared down towards the city. The lights were emitting a bright yellow color, contrasting drastically with the sky.

"I hope so," I replied with a laugh. I didn't want things to be like this.

"You're gonna need a lot of makeup for that bruise." He said as he tapped my nose lightly. His eyes were shimmering with kindness; they looked warm. I stuck my tongue out at him, giggling in the process.

"I love your laugh, but it pains me to see a mark on your beautiful face." He gently touched my eye, examining me.

I was stunned, I have never been called beautiful by a boy before. This feeling is different then when my parents used to compliment me.

"I'm sorry it's distracting you." I replied timidly, blushing in the process. He just replied with a smile, growing every instant.

"You're so cute when you're shy," Natsu said as he pressed his lips against mine. I ran my hands through his hair as our lips moved in sync.

His hands found my waist as they brushed against my skin. A shiver shot down my spine as his fingers fumbled with the hem of my shirt.

I closed my eyes, letting the moment take me away. I couldn't believe how one person could make you so happy.

Before I even knew it, I was pushed against the bottom of the couch, Natsu leaning over me. His strong arms were on either side of me. He pulled away slightly as he stared at me.

His eyes were sparkling with something I had never seen before. Butterflies were coursing through my stomach. We stared at each other before I cleared my throat.

"W-w should probably go to sleep." I said shyly, blushing. Natsu hesitantly nodded and pulled the draped blanket off of the back of the couch. He wrapped it around me, kissing my neck in the process. I blushed madly.

I laid against him and shut my eyes. My heart was still beating extremely fast.

"Do I make you that nervous Lucy? Damn your heart is beating so fast." Natsu said as if he was reading my mind. We were facing each other on the couch, our arms wrapped around the other. He grinned, looking like a little kid.

"M-maybe a little bit," I said through a shy smile.

"That's adorable," Natsu said as he tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. I showed him a proud smile as I moved closer to him. We fell asleep like that, perfectly perfect.