Chapter 18: Trust

~Natsu's POV~

The door swung open, and there she stood. Nose red from the cold, hair astray from the wind, and a frown that could turn the world upside down.

~Lucy's POV~
My heart skipped a beat as I comprehended the situation in front of me. My mouth instantly fell agape as it started to tremble.

Lisanna was standing extremely close to Natsu, her hand placed upon his chest. Her cheeks were full, filled with a smile.

Lisanna whipped around to see me as soon as I had opened the door. She disconnected herself from Natsu, but had a guilty expression written all over her face.

Natsu's eyes widened to extremely large circles. He looked mortified that had caught him. 

"Lucy, it's not what it looks like, I swear." Natsu said as he threw he hand out in mid air. Lisanna crossed her legs and looked down towards the floor. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"Sorry I interrupted your little moment," I replied hastily. I headed towards my room like a child, tears starting to slip down my face.

Before I got farther than the kitchen, Natsu stopped me.

"Lucy, you have to hear me out." He had a firm grip on my wrist, pinning me against the kitchen cabinets. I began to sob, knowing that I had been caught.

Tears fell from my eyes, collecting a small puddle on the floor. I stared at Natsu's feet, unable to speak.

"I swear I didn't do anything. I would never hurt you like that." He said as he brought me in close. Mint filled my nostrils, a scent which I had once enjoyed, now I find repulsive.

"I-I thought I could trust you." My shaky voice was quiet against the multiple sounds that were exiting my mouth.

I just couldn't leave his side no matter how hard I tried. "You big dummy," I muttered as I slight pounded my wrist against his chest.

"You can trust me Lucy, please." Natsu's large arms wrapped all the way around me. I could feel his heartbeat through his chest, a once soothing lullaby.

"Lucy, it's all my fault, don't blame him." Another voice suddenly broke the sound barrier, entering my ears.

I broke away from Natsu, eyes puffy from my petty crying. Lisanna stood under the frame of the doorway, tears starting to form in here eyes.

"I was the one that forced myself upon Natsu. He didn't do anything." She held her wrists looking extremely uncomfortable. I couldn't believe my ears.

"R-really?" I asked like a child, eyes wide with curiosity.

"Yea, he's fully committed to you."

"Then why were you here?" I said, clinging on to Natsu's arm. I could feel him smiling at me. My over protective side was extremely desirable to Natsu. He claimed that it was adorable.

"I-I," she stuttered furiously. "I just miss him; I want him back." Her eyes were brimming with heart broken tears. I felt a hint of guilt start to build in my chest,  but it was almost instantly replaced with jealousy.

"I'm sorry, I know how you feel, but he's moved on." I wiped my tears from my eyes as her started to fall.

"Don't you think I know that?" She hissed at me, her tears flying everywhere. I was taken aback from her sudden outburst. No one in the room moved even the slightest muscle.

Lisanna realized her disrespectful mistake, her eyes widening in the process. "I'm sorry, I have to go." She turned on her heel and quickly left. Natsu and I wee both left stunned from the spring of current events.

After a second or two, Natsu turned to me. I refused to look at him.

"Lucy I-," I brought my hand up to stop him.

"I need some fresh air." I broke free of his grasp and walked towards the door. I slammed it with a thud, the vibration causing me to shiver.

I made a bee line for the large metal steps leading up to the roof. I tried sprinting up the steps, but my vision made it quite difficult. I had started crying again, the water making my vision blurry.

After using all of my previous gym skills, I made it up to the roof. The cold air felt good against my sweaty face. I calmly took a seat next to the ledge of the roof, peering at the city below.

I know I probably overreacted, but I was just so scared. Scared of the thought that Natau was actually cheating on me. He would never do something like that, right?

No, I don't think he would put himself through this much trouble if he didn't mean it. As my thoughts rambled on, I heard the door open. I snapped my head in the direction, not surprised to see Natsu walking up towards me.

With a sigh I turned back towards the lighted city. I wasn't going to pay him any attention. I was startled when Natsu's arms wrapped under my shoulders. He lifted me up so that I could face him.

"You have got to listen to me Lucy," Natsu said, his eyes a pool of sorrow. I rolled my eyes and grunted.

"I have to listen? What a load of bull," I crossed my arms and stared at the grey sky.

"Luc-" I cut him off before he could continue.

"I thought you were over her Natsu? Why did you even let her in? If you just dated me out of pity, I don't want to continue-"

"I can't lose you too!" Natsu screamed as he shook my shoulders. I was left frozen by his cries of grief. His voice disrupted the silence of the night.

"Natsu," I whispered as his forehead land on my shoulder. His back was hunched over in what looked like a terrible position.

"I'm sorry Lucy, I really am." I felt his muscular arms wrap around my back. I instantly hugged him back. We eventually fell to the ground, just holding each other.

"I forgive you. I overreacted." I said as I played with his hair. He didn't move from my shoulder, so I shook him a little bit. He remained unresponsive.

He lifted his head, a single tear fell off his chin.

"I never meant to hurt you, and I never purposefully will. I love you so much Luce." I blinked a few times, replaying the last few seconds in my head.

Before I knew it, I started crying again.

"I love you too Natsu." I effortlessly said as I caressed his cheek. His onyx eyes stared back at me with compassion. We kissed, knowing that it would fix all of our problems.

As our lips said forgiveness, we fell back against the concrete. We refused to let go of each other for a long time.