Chapter 14: The Date

~Lucy's POV~

The cool night air danced through my hair, pulling at every strand it could catch. Natsu's back was radiating heat onto the front of my body. I felt so comfortable being in his presence. 

The stars shimmered above us. They caught your attention at every angle. I couldn't help but stare up into the black abyss. My mouth fell agape as I captured the world's beauty. If I had my camera on me, I would for sure take a picture. 

Natsu's bike continued to sputter down the stone path until we reached a series of tall buildings. Light from the streetlamps reflected off of their walls, creating an even brighter filter. Downtown was always busy. There were people walking around no matter what time you arrived. 

After a few minutes, we finally passed the large mass of people. Natsu turned into a parking garage, waving directly at the ticket salesman. The salesman was wearing a neon green coat signifying that he was in charge of the cash. He made a friendly gesture and gladly let Natsu into the garage, no charge necessary. Does he know everyone in this town? 

"Do you know everyone in this city?" I questioned as the bike came to a complete stop. 

"I wish!" Natsu said through a laugh. He unbuckled his helmet and shook his head vigorously. "Man I really should get this cut," Natsu said as he ruffled his hair. 

"No!" The words popped out of my mouth before I could even process their meaning. I instantly covered my mouth, blush creeping up onto my cheeks. 

"You like my hair Lucy?" He stood up from the bike, eyeing me with a smirk. 

"So what if I do?" I replied, unbuckling my helmet as well. I tried extremely hard to conceal my embarrassment. I shook my head as well, making sure to pat down my gold locks. 

"Aw that's cute," Natsu said as he poked my side. I let out a high and shrill noise from the unexpected notion. My voice echoed off of the concrete walls, traveling for three or four seconds. All Natsu could do was laugh at my embarrassment. "Come on, lets go Luce." He tucked the keys inside one of the pockets on his leather jacket. 

"Do you always wear that jacket?" I questioned, my curiosity proving to get the best of me. 

"Well, haven't you been paying attention. Thanks for look sweet cheeks." Natsu sent me a wink which caused my previously red face to deepen with color. 

"I haven't been staring, it was just an observation." I once again tried to hide my mistake. We walked through the parking garage, our steps echoing as they hit the pavement. "Where are we going Natsu?" I asked as we entered the floor level of the parking garage. 

"Places," Natsu said with a devious smile on his face. 

"That's really specific Natsu, I'll be sure to recomend it to all of my friends." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. To others around us, our bickering may seem cruel, but it's all play in the end. 

"Just wait," Natsu said as he placed his hands behind his head. He kicked his feet up high in the air and continued to walk in his confident pose. "Rufus!" Natsu yelled as we passed under the opening to the garage. 

"Natsu! It's been a while." Rufus and Natsu did their weird boy hug thing as I stood there silently.  I remained a few steps behind Natsu to insure their privacy. I wasn't really apart of the conversation, so why interrupt? "What have you been up to?" Rufus said as his eyes shifted to mine. His caramel eyes complimented his dirty blonde hair quite nicely. 

"Oh, you know, the usual." Natsu said casually, not really noticing my exclusion from the group. 

"Who's this?" Rufus pointed directly at me, which caused me to react.